+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lindisfarne- Porthcawl, last Saturday night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lindisfarne- Porthcawl, last Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Porthcawl, more renowned for Trecco Bay, a funfair at one end and Rest Bay at the other end, played host to Geordie folk-rockers Lindisfarne at the Grand Pavilion, with its big dome on the top of the building. Not the first time this band have played there, probably not the last either. Of course is not the same as it was, only Rod Clements survives in this band’s line up. However, the very mature audience were treated to an evening of all the favourites the band were renowned for in their heyday. If you wanted to forget about your troubles on the football field, and think about something else, then this was the answer.Two hours of honest musicians ploughing through songs such as “ Meet Me On The Corner”, Fog On The Tyne, Run For Home, and my own favourite, Lady Eleanor. Throw in a sprinkling of tracks from over the years, a lot which were written by the brilliant late Alan Hull, a good sing song in between, and there you have it.A really good feel good factor to end your Saturday evening. I just hope they come back this way, at some future date. I’ll be only too happy to go along.
    In these difficult times, seeing a live band that you like, albeit a much changed one like Lindisfarne still lift the spirits.

I was lucky enough to see Graham Gouldman of 10cc a few weeks ago in the Gate Arts Centre, Roath and found it massively uplifting and quite emotional. Other people I spoke to afterwards felt the exactly the same.

First Team

With only one original member left, this reminds me about the axe joke ... "this is your great grandad's axe; it's only had three new heads and two new handles in its lifetime".

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    In these difficult times, seeing a live band that you like, albeit a much changed one like Lindisfarne still lift the spirits.

I was lucky enough to see Graham Gouldman of 10cc a few weeks ago in the Gate Arts Centre, Roath and found it massively uplifting and quite emotional. Other people I spoke to afterwards felt the exactly the same.
    I was also there. I had been looking forward to this show for quite some time. Great to hear the stories behind all the songs. People don’t realise how many hit songs he’s written for other artists aswell as 10cc. My own favourite being Bus Stop by the Hollies. Anyone who’s been inducted into the Hall Of Fame got to be worth listening to. It was my first visit to the Gate, and they even let me have a poster on the wall by the entrance. Hopefully he will come back, as it was a great evenings entertainment.