+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ho much is it worth spending in January

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ho much is it worth spending in January

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Warnock proved its about motivation and desire not money. I'd look at the Eastern European , Turkish and Greek arena they have the old desires we ( used ) to see of our own
    How did motivation and desire work out in the PL?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    or when we had returned to the championship and had a huge financial advantage over most of the division?

Considering the standard of players we had, pretty well. We would have stayed up had it not been for that lino.

Re spending, we should be building for next season. I’d be shocked if Moore doesn’t come back, and we should be trying to put pieces of the puzzle together so that we can have a real go next season

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Considering the standard of players we had, pretty well. We would have stayed up had it not been for that lino.

Re spending, we should be building for next season. I’d be shocked if Moore doesn’t come back, and we should be trying to put pieces of the puzzle together so that we can have a real go next season
    So it didn't work. Because the players weren't good enough. And that Chelsea game had no bearing on our final position. We finished 2 points behind with a vastly inferior goal difference.

So it didn't work. Because the players weren't good enough. And that Chelsea game had no bearing on our final position. We finished 2 points behind with a vastly inferior goal difference.
    It nearly worked, and staying up would have been an incredible acheivement. Considering we lost that game, and we would have won had that goal not gone in, I'd say it made a massive difference as we'd have got 3 points as well as a massive, massive confidence boost rather than the exact opposite happening. Warnock himself pinpoints that as the moment he knew all hope was lost.