+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Labour Party Is Finished And Must Merge With Others To Challenge Tories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Labour Party Is Finished And Must Merge With Others To Challenge Tories

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Time for Plaid to have an opportunity, they have a strong leader, good policies and will ultimately put Wales first and fight it’s corner, that’s what people need after covid.

The Tories are criminally awful even against their already low standards and there are a lot of disgruntled labour voters who should be voting plaid as there’s no way they’ll go into a coalition with the tories. A Plaid - Labour coalition would be good for unhappy labour voters as they’ll provide resistance to anyone wary or undecided about independence.
    A Plaid-labour coalition may well work with Adam Price as the First Minister. But I doubt that Drakeford would accept that.

The really attractive promise from the Tories is to get the M4 relief road built. That'll catch a lot of votes.

Re: The Labour Party Is Finished And Must Merge With Others To Challenge Tories

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    A Plaid-labour coalition may well work with Adam Price as the First Minister. But I doubt that Drakeford would accept that.

The really attractive promise from the Tories is to get the M4 relief road built. That'll catch a lot of votes.
    I agree about Adam Price, I think he will be a much stronger First Minister. I saw previously that was a condition of his if there was to ever be a Plaid-Labour coalition, either he was FM or it was split between the two parties.

The Tories are milking the relief road to the high heaven and with people in Britain getting hooked on 1 decision/policy I can see it working to some degree, Plaid supported the cheaper, less environmentally damaging 'blue' route, I never saw what their final decision was or whether it was canned.