+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We don't look like a team and havnt done for many years

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We don't look like a team and havnt done for many years

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    The fact you highlight four instances of us being bottlers over a period of 100 years indicates you're being rather selective Bobby ! Don't you think practically every fan in the country could say the same about their team ?

There have been occasions quite recently when we've been 3-0 down away and battled back for a point (Leeds and Stoke). Plus we had a very high pressure game at home to Leeds during our last promotion campaign and won. Not to mention the semi finals of the FA and League Cups, both of which we got through. So yes, I do believe you are being selective in your judgement of the club.
    Remind me again who lost the league championship by the closest ever margin?

You DO realise that these aren’t coincidences, don’t you? Just like Man Utd winning so many games late on and England not winning a major tournament since 1966. That isn’t luck or selective judgement.

Ignore the facts if you want.

Re: We don't look like a team and havnt done for many years

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Remind me again who lost the league championship by the closest ever margin?

You DO realise that these aren’t coincidences, don’t you? Just like Man Utd winning so many games late on and England not winning a major tournament since 1966. That isn’t luck or selective judgement.

Ignore the facts if you want.
    Having re-read your post, you reminded me: what happened again in the League Cup Final penalty shoot out, when Liverpool missed their first two penalties? We did well to get to penalties but......bottled it - you can never rely on Cardiff City when the chips are down.