+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are fans losing faith in Neil Warnock?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Are fans losing faith in Neil Warnock?

The people on this board who continuously slag off one of the best managers we have ever had are embarrassing themselves and the club generally. Luckily they are considerably in the minority and not representative of the people who go to the stadium regularly.

He has picked this club up by its bootstraps, given it back its passion and pride and re-engaged the fans. Where exactly were we when he arrived three years ago ? - going nowhere but down to League One, thats where, under Slade and then Trollope. Our squad is much better now than it was two years ago but all you lot can do is moan that we haven't spent enough and are weak in midfield, even though we have Ralls, Vaulks, Bacuna, Paterson, Reid, Hoilett, Whyte, Tomlin, Nelson, Bamba and Murphy who do or can play there. The anti Warnock brigade have all been made to look particularly stupid in the last three years by what has been achieved, so now, after one defeat, when four of our main players were missing anyway, the ‘bandwagon’ has been rolled out again and mock indignation at our ‘useless manager’ reigns supreme on here. Its all getting very boring now.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The people on this board who continuously slag off one of the best managers we have ever had are embarrassing themselves and the club generally. Luckily they are considerably in the minority and not representative of the people who go to the stadium regularly.
    I'm not slagging him off. He has done well, and now his time with us has come to it's own natural conclusion. He's good at turning around failing clubs, but he's not your guy for coming up with development plans that cover the next 3 to 5 years, and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post

He has picked this club up by its bootstraps, given it back its passion and pride and re-engaged the fans. Where exactly were we when he arrived three years ago ? - going nowhere but down to League One, thats where, under Slade and then Trollope. Our squad is much better now than it was two years ago but all you lot can do is moan that we haven't spent enough and are weak in midfield, even though we have Ralls, Vaulks, Bacuna, Paterson, Reid, Hoilett, Whyte, Tomlin, Nelson, Bamba and Murphy who do or can play there. The anti Warnock brigade have all been made to look particularly stupid in the last three years by what has been achieved, so now, after one defeat, when four of our main players were missing anyway, the ‘bandwagon’ has been rolled out again and mock indignation at our ‘useless manager’ reigns supreme on here. Its all getting very boring now.
    Josh Murphy in centre mid? I think I'd rather we played Brian there for crying out loud. I'm a Warnock fan and even I am extremely concerned as to what's gone on this summer. Don't you think it's a bit early to be planning to put square pegs in round holes? If we had an injury crisis, fine but we have the money and we're spending it on more strikers! Warnock has done a very good job in his time here but that doesn't excuse him from criticism.