+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who used to enjoy the aggro?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who used to enjoy the aggro?

I was an apprentice hooligan until the age of twelve, then realised how idiotic it all was.

After being arrested, charged twice, had a few kickings made great mates not ashamed,but at 64 what was all that about.
    Would i do it again if i was young probably.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was an apprentice hooligan until the age of twelve, then realised how idiotic it all was.
    Started watching WWE instead no doubt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was ridiculous. I remember seeing a bloke, stood outside in the car park opposite Ninian Park. Burberry cap, burberry scarf, Stone Island coat. Looked a real prat. He was with his very young son, probably 6 years old. The game had just finished, we had won. It was a bitterly cold December/January game.

"Why are we waiting here dad?"
    "We got to wait for their lot to come out"
    "But why?"
    "We, err, umm, just have"

We carried on to our car, then their fans came out, and he gave it the old wanker sign and fingers. His son, stood next to him, freezing cold. Then, their fans got on the coaches (about 50 of them, it was a small team like Colchester or something) and the man and his child-like father jumped into their car about 20 yards away.

I wondered if there was some aggro that day, exactly what the dad would have done. Would he have got involved and risked his son, would he have left his son to wait somewhere while he threw a few air punches? Either way, had he been arrested, he would have cried foul - they always do. "Not my fault officer, I was just walking home with my son". Pathetic.

And who can forget those God-awful books that came out at the turn of the century? Comedy gold they were.