Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
Well first of all it needn't be 50/50 if you've got a good target man and wingers , but here's the logic - if you lose a long ball that's unfortunate but not immediately dangerous. On the other hand, if you lose it whilst buggering about with the ball in your own half or in front of your own goal , you've got no time to react and it can be in your net a few seconds later.
It's a matter of reducing risks where that's possible and if you're trying to win matches you've got to do that. It depends where your priority is though, and if you think it's worth taking risks you could avoid for the sake of artistic content then so be it.
Someone there said I "haven't got a clue", but that's not so. It's certainly not so for various coaches such as our manager , Sam Allerdyce or Ron Atkinson in recent times or many many others who got the best out of limited players by loading the dice in this and other ways.
I remember watching Atkinson's Villa a number of times in the 90s and to even consider the football that side played as similar as Warnockball shows you don't know what you're talking about.

Also, your comment, which I have highlighted, shows that your lack of understanding of the game has attained new heights. If you really think that passing the ball about the back is merely for show, I'd consider following something simpler, like the card game, Snap.