Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
These conversations usually go down the route of our players being unable to play another way.
The belief that they lack the basic ability to play a passing game.
This all with the assumption that they have been asked to play a more passing game at some stage. Looking at Warnock, Harris and Mick McCarthy I don't think that they have. All three have adopted a similar style during their time in management. Passing, entertaining football isn't it.

Just because the club are saying they are setting up for a better style and to bring through youth doesn't mean they are actually doing that the right way. This is the same club who thought changing the team colours would bring us luck, failing that a dragon that looks like a caterpillar on the badge. The same club who picked Neil Harris for entertaining football followed by Mick McCarthy.
Sorry but I don't think they have the foggiest what they're doing. They can want what they like but until they start thinking differently and get somebody more knowledgeable on board then I can't see much changing.

It is what it is. Kicking around mid table with a route one style for some time I feel.
Harris tried to get us playing more possession football at the start of last season. The results were mostly crap (we conceded the opening goal in 9 of our first 13 games) and only picked up when we went back to a more direct style of play. Then Moore got injured and we lost six on the trot, which cost Harris his job.