+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: HGV Driver Shortages

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: HGV Driver Shortages

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Is this a fact? Or a guess?
    It's a semi educated opinion. Some would have voted out because they're racist, jingoistic etc, that's the case across the board, I would have thought. Although most, in my opinion, didn't vote leave because they simply disliked foreigners. To me, it was a final act of desperation for many people who must feel that whatever system is put in place or whatever club we join, it simply doesn't affect them in a positive way. The establishment got what it deserved in my opinion. Sad thing is, the poorest are in the hands of Boris. If that doesn't show an extreme level of desperation, then nothing does.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a semi educated opinion. Some would have voted out because they're racist, jingoistic etc, that's the case across the board, I would have thought. Although most, in my opinion, didn't vote leave because they simply disliked foreigners. To me, it was a final act of desperation for many people who must feel that whatever system is put in place or whatever club we join, it simply doesn't affect them in a positive way. The establishment got what it deserved in my opinion. Sad thing is, the poorest are in the hands of Boris. If that doesn't show an extreme level of desperation, then nothing does.
    what I take from this is you're happy when wealth distribution means you benefit from wealth trickling down to you, but you don't like it when those worse off seek work here which results in wealth trickling down from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    what I take from this is you're happy when wealth distribution means you benefit from wealth trickling down to you, but you don't like it when those worse off seek work here which results in wealth trickling down from you.
    Do you still believe that trickle down economics works then?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you still believe that trickle economics works then?
    it was used a way of stating the direction of wealth distribution. nothing more than that.

it was used a way of stating the direction of wealth distribution. nothing more than that.
    I wasn’t having a go, just interested in knowing.

I don't know how you have come to that conclusion, I was simply giving my opinion on why some people in the poorest areas voted to leave. I think that you're trying to be too clever. Incidentally, wealth has never dripped down to me.