+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One reason why religion is a load of bollox.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: One reason why religion is a load of bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    And they can shove them where the sun doesn't shine.
    You’re sounding pretty fundamentalist yourself there. Religious groups like The Quakers accept members who are Non Theist and don’t actually believe in the supernatural or a divine being for instance. They do some great work however around justice, peace building and social action. The world would likely be a bit of a worse place if their beliefs were shoved where the sun don’t shine imo.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You’re sounding pretty fundamentalist yourself there. Religious groups like The Quakers accept members who are Non Theist and don’t actually believe in the supernatural or a divine being for instance. They do some great work however around justice, peace building and social action. The world would likely be a bit of a worse place if their beliefs were shoved where the sun don’t shine imo.

Religion is the cause of most wars and atrocities around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    OK, but my post was specifically about The Quakers who are pacifists and have a long tradition of resistance to military action.

OK, but my post was specifically about The Quakers who are pacifists and have a long tradition of resistance to military action.
    The Quakers are indeed interesting. A retired doctor in my evening class is one and told me a little of what they do in their meetings.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The Quakers are indeed interesting. A retired doctor in my evening class is one and told me a little of what they do in their meetings.
    The Shakers are more interesting. They died out because they didn't believe in sex. You couldn't make it up with religious BS...

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I'd say money is.