+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking ominous in the Ryder Cup.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Looking ominous in the Ryder Cup.

Fitzpatrick tied on the last needing a half to avoid the record defeat.... he chips into the creek!

Shocker from captain Harrington.

OP got it spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Fitzpatrick tied on the last needing a half to avoid the record defeat.... he chips into the creek!

OP got it spot on.
    Why is it a shocker from Captain Harrington????

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

OP got it spot on.
    I was pleased for McIlroy who did well to get a win from a position where he must have been as low as he’s ever been in his career - he’s still one of our best players and has to be a central part in any recovery. Great that Lee Westwood, a real team man, but with an appalling singles record, won at that format in what must be his last game in the competition surely and you’ve got to admire Poulter as well for going to the well one more time when playing poorly and beating a very good opponent in Finau.

I don’t watch enough tournament golf these days to be sure of this, but it seems to me that Harrington just drew the short straw really in that his time came when we were as weak as we’ve been in a long time and we were not good enough to take advantage of the perennial American weakness of having too many in their side who are just not equipped mentally to prosper in team golf - if this strong, younger group coming through are better in that department of the game, then Europe faces a tricky decade or two.

Only one Europe captain has struck me as being poor since we became so much better at this format in the eighties and that is the utterly self absorbed Nick Faldo whose much stronger team than this one also got trashed - Harrington had virtually no chance with the hand he was dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was pleased for McIlroy who did well to get a win from a position where he must have been as low as he’s ever been in his career - he’s still one of our best players and has to be a central part in any recovery. Great that Lee Westwood, a real team man, but with an appalling singles record, won at that format in what must be his last game in the competition surely and you’ve got to admire Poulter as well for going to the well one more time when playing poorly and beating a very good opponent in Finau.

I don’t watch enough tournament golf these days to be sure of this, but it seems to me that Harrington just drew the short straw really in that his time came when we were as weak as we’ve been in a long time and we were not good enough to take advantage of the perennial American weakness of having too many in their side who are just not equipped mentally to prosper in team golf - if this strong, younger group coming through are better in that department of the game, then Europe faces a tricky decade or two.

Only one Europe captain has struck me as being poor since we became so much better at this format in the eighties and that is the utterly self absorbed Nick Faldo whose much stronger team than this one also got trashed - Harrington had virtually no chance with the hand he was dealt.
    I agree with pretty well all of this Bob.