+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Re: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Stay! Careful what you wish for. There are plenty of clubs with supporters around that think their clubs are actually better than they are. Off the top of my head, Charlton with Curbishley. They were disappointed at finishing (I think) 8th and then 10th in the Prem and thought they were destined for bigger and better things, and wanted him gone. Look what's happened to them. Plenty of West Brom supporters on 606 and Talksport phone ins wanted Pulis gone. I remember Bolton fans moaning about Big Sam and his tactics on the same phone ins too. Goodness knows where they will end up next season. Same with QPR supporters and Holloway, they've taken a huge step back this season. Know a couple of Ipswich town fans who were desperate for McCarthy to go. Where have they ended up this season?

Let's get promotion under Warnock next season and take things for there. Onwards and upwards!

One more season if relegated, then thank you for your spell.
    Has to go down as one of if not the all time manager

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's Go for me. I'd like the club to change direction a bit although my concern is with the transfer policy, recruiting etc. I don't care if it takes a few years to implement some new ideas and a plan to bring through the odd young player with an emphasis on trying to play or even a mixture of the both. I'm grateful for the job Warnock has done but i've found it difficult to subscribe to his style of play.
    Agree with all of your comments.
    There is no quick fix. Fans seem to think we will automatically be challenging for promotion next season. I wonder if those maintaining that he stays will still be singing from that hymn sheet if we are 14th midway through the season.
    I think he came in the stabilize a team on a poor run who had gone through a couple of non football managers.
    He did extremely well but the club should now be thinking longer term.

Stay for at least one season and take it from there. The Championship is a tough league and Warnock knows it better than anyone.

Stay as he has already indicated and then go for Gerrard 👍💙

Stay to stabilise us in the championship (we wouldn't be the first to drop straight down to league 1) and then leave. He shouldn't be allowed anything to do with his successor.

My choice is Bellamy. Couldn't care less if he said he doesn't sing GSTQ or prefers swansea to Bristol city.

The Lincoln manager would be a punt, although he has gained back to back promotions with them and he has changed the way that they play. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on next season at such a small club.
    I had an e-mail from someone who recommended him three years ago when he was at Braintree - my guess is he is bound for the Championship at least, so why not look at him. I like the fact that, as you say, he is not wedded to one way of playing as well.

Stay.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Only go if there is a proper, well-thought out plan to replace him for the future
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I had an e-mail from someone who recommended him three years ago when he was at Braintree - my guess is he is bound for the Championship at least, so why not look at him. I like the fact that, as you say, he is not wedded to one way of playing as well.
    Isn't he there with his brother? And didn't they get Lincoln to the semi final of the Fa Cup or am i imagining that-while they were non league? his record is very impressive, i'd give him a go, not sure the club would be willing to go down that route though.

100% Stay

I want to give Bellamy a chance. Apparently his u-18 team play good football, most of the team like him, he's got tremendous experience at the very top and he's Cardiff through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Stay as he has already indicated and then go for Gerrard ����
    Gerrard has got Rangers to 2nd place in the SPL, 11 points behind Celtic. I think I could do that.

Isn't he there with his brother? And didn't they get Lincoln to the semi final of the Fa Cup or am i imagining that-while they were non league? his record is very impressive, i'd give him a go, not sure the club would be willing to go down that route though.
    Yes, he is - Lincoln got to the Quarter Finals in 16/17, beating Ipswich, Brighton and Burnley on the way before losing at Arsenal.

Yes but you haven't so I'd rather Gerrard 👍

Stay.

Stay

Yes but you haven't so I'd rather Gerrard ��
    The choice is not me or Gerrard. Other people are available.

Yes but I want Gerrard thanks 👍 you put yourself forward as his replacement by the looks of it. Hope it goes well

I guess I would rather he decided to retire this summer than ruin his tenure here with a mediocre season in Championship and fans calling for “Warnock out” !
    Then again of course, he could mount another promotion bid but with the rebuild I think we may need to do to clear out those players who are due back at the club from being on loan plus new midfielders and strikers , we may struggle to finish top 6

Yes but I want Gerrard thanks �� you put yourself forward as his replacement by the looks of it. Hope it goes well
    You should go back and re-read the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Stay! Careful what you wish for. There are plenty of clubs with supporters around that think their clubs are actually better than they are. Off the top of my head, Charlton with Curbishley. They were disappointed at finishing (I think) 8th and then 10th in the Prem and thought they were destined for bigger and better things, and wanted him gone. Look what's happened to them. Plenty of West Brom supporters on 606 and Talksport phone ins wanted Pulis gone. I remember Bolton fans moaning about Big Sam and his tactics on the same phone ins too. Goodness knows where they will end up next season. Same with QPR supporters and Holloway, they've taken a huge step back this season. Know a couple of Ipswich town fans who were desperate for McCarthy to go. Where have they ended up this season?

Let's get promotion under Warnock next season and take things for there. Onwards and upwards!
    Bravo sir. At last a decent rationale behind your vote.

Don't need to - the op posed a poll which was should Warnock stay or go and then someone said for those saying go name his replacement - my contribution was to say stay and then replace with Gerrard as Warnock as previously said he is here next year if he has his way. Hope that helps. 👍

I follow football for entertainment. Get this dinosaur outta here...

Yes but you haven't so I'd rather Gerrard ��
    I’m not sure if he’ll make it as a good manager but he has some great contacts