+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tan's Comments On Warnock

Tan's Comments On Warnock

Jim White on Talksport this morning confirming a conversation with Vincent Tan where he implied he is happy for Warnock to stay another season and go for a record breaking ninth promotion.

So appears the choice is Warnock's on whether he stays or goes.

Thoughts?

Re: Tan's Comments On Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Jim White on Talksport this morning confirming a conversation with Vincent Tan where he implied he is happy for Warnock to stay another season and go for a record breaking ninth promotion.

Thoughts?
    Mixed really, the support for Neil Warnock staying among members of the squad makes me think any replacement could have a difficult time getting the group to play for him, but, if we are going to be spending like most relegated sides do on a return to the Championship, then I've no great faith in our manager using that money effectively based on our work in the transfer market over the past year and a half.

What I fear is if we get off to a bad start, how much patience will we have and even more importantly, Warnock?
    Will Warnock be that arsed about leaving us in say October?

Positive.

Relegation is a terrible time to start tearing apart what has worked well for us. We should concentrate on stability, adding to what Warnock and his team have achieved.

He himself has already suggested he would only see out his contract, as such it gives us a season to look to the future and bring in the right replacement while still having an excellent manager for the level we are at. One who knows the players, one who brought us success out of a period of turmoil.

I think it's a massive positive myself. What he's done since being here is virtually miraculous. I also don't fully agree with the idea he's been ropey in the transfer market. 10 million doesn't buy you premier league players, the reids and murphys were always going to be gambles, but with his budget he had no other choice. I'd imagine the likes of Murphy and Reid will either be sold for close to what we paid for them or will be major factors in a good campaign for us. It may be overplaced optimism, but I think Warnock can take us straight back up. On a slightly soppy note, after the whole red nonsense etc, I feel like the bloke has given me my club back. So I'd be delighted to see him stay

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Positive.

Relegation is a terrible time to start tearing apart what has worked well for us. We should concentrate on stability, adding to what Warnock and his team have achieved.
    But whenever Warnock leaves the new boss is likely to tear apart most of what Warnock has done. That is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    But whenever Warnock leaves the new boss is likely to tear apart most of what Warnock has done. That is inevitable.
    Not if it’s Kevin Blackwell

Warnock has the best record in the world for getting teams promoted from the championship to the premier league. He’s already here. Keep him, back him, both at fan level and board level, let him go for his world record of promotions, and if we go back up, learn from this seasons mistakes. Disruption now could spell disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Not if it’s Kevin Blackwell
    Who hasn't been a manager since 2013. I can't see anything that suggests he wants another go in the hotseat or that City feel he is the right successor to Warnock.

Who is going to make best use of the parachute payments? Who is going to manage best as we implement off-the-field changes?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Who hasn't been a manager since 2013. I can't see anything that suggests he wants another go in the hotseat or that City feel he is the right successor to Warnock.

Who is going to make best use of the parachute payments? Who is going to manage best as we implement off-the-field changes?
    Andre Villa Boas.. But where is the signs of off the field changes? Isn’t this saying there will be none?

I hope he stays especially if the squad stays intact.

He knows the Championship , and what it takes to get us out , and what players are needed to supplement.

We won't spend heavy .

We can't afford to up root everyone again .

Majority of our team has another season left in them and good hungry championship players .

If we bring a new man in , were hit with the compensation pays pay , players and management ,don't deserve that .

A new man would cost the club thousands more ,with no guarantee of success .

We must remember the transfer policy is not all his doing ,and the difficulty in getting players to chose us over more fashionable areas / clubs..

This promotion has stabilised the club lets not tear it down in OGS style .

The one caveat for me Neil is brought in and asks how does the club build upon his legacy after the is year if we go up ,depending on that reply a plan is then executed .

We have a couple of well respected Cardiff lads who may be ready by then, to take that step up , in Giggs or Bellars

Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Andre Villa Boas.. But where is the signs of off the field changes? Isn’t this saying there will be none?
    Talk about new training ground earlier in the season suggests that some changes are coming. Whether as quickly and as many as some fans will want is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Warnock has the best record in the world for getting teams promoted from the championship to the premier league. He’s already here. Keep him, back him, both at fan level and board level, let him go for his world record of promotions, and if we go back up, learn from this seasons mistakes. Disruption now could spell disaster.
    Steve Bruce would argue that record.

Sean Dyche too. 2 promotions in 4 full seasons in the Championship.

All of this we can't spend much stuff baffles me. After years where we owed substantial sums to various creditors the last accounts show us owing a substantial amount to only our owner who is in the process of turning much of his debt into equity. Since the accounts were published, we've had a season of Premier League TV rights payments and are now due two seasons worth of parachute payments which I believe amount to something like £80 million - our financial position is much healthier than it was, we averaged 31000 plus this season, we'll probably have about 20,000 season ticket holders next season and yet we're still "plucky little Cardiff City" to so many of our fans.

Neil is the man if he will take it on.
    I believe he knows he can do it again.
    If he didn’t believe it he wouldn’t take it on.

He will want to leave on a high note.

I would spend all pre season on shooting g practice keeping the ball on target.
    It’s a talent we have mislaid this season in the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Talk about new training ground earlier in the season suggests that some changes are coming. Whether as quickly and as many as some fans will want is another question.
    Greggs near the stadium , do have a new line in bakes .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Steve Bruce record is better
    Your spot on, I d have him in a flash, he 's a decent sort , and ugly to boot .

What's the budget Vincent?
    That's the question Neil's asking.
    I

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All of this we can't spend much stuff baffles me. After years where we owed substantial sums to various creditors the last accounts show us owing a substantial amount to only our owner who is in the process of turning much of his debt into equity. Since the accounts were published, we've had a season of Premier League TV rights payments and are now due two seasons worth of parachute payments which I believe amount to something like £80 million - our financial position is much healthier than it was, we averaged 31000 plus this season, we'll probably have about 20,000 season ticket holders next season and yet we're still "plucky little Cardiff City" to so many of our fans.
    Because it can go so badly wrong , so quickly, ask the Pompey's , Bolton's , Sunderland's of this work ,I do wonder where we would have been if we hadn't gone up in our last parachute payment year, probably searching in the bargain basement of life ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Because it can go so badly wrong , so quickly, ask the Pompey's , Bolton's , Sunderland's of this work ,I do wonder where we would have been if we hadn't gone up in our last parachute payment year, probably searching in the bargain basement of life ?
    The last accounts show we are not even close to being in the sort of position some of the clubs you mention are and the ones for the current financial year should look healthier again - sorry, but you're just trotting out the line that may have been justified a few years ago, but things have changed now or at least they should have done. The way you talk you would think I was advocating us spending on the sort of level Villa did when they were relegated, but all I'm talking about is what you'd expect from a recently relegated club with a pretty low wage bill and fairly healthy finances that has been selling out its 30 odd thousand capacity most weeks - having the sort of infrastructure you would expect from such a club would be nice as well.

This time we haven't got Kenwyn Jones,LaFonda to name just two that couldn't even cut it at championship level.I think the city will spend and I think we'll have a go as well.I've a feeling we won't be taking chances on fat pie eating types either.

That will involve more debt that Tan will be required to convert to equity so I can well understand his reluctance to spend heavily on new players. If debt levels increase we will be back to square one. I would rather have a club that is solvent than one that is flirting with HMRC over missed tax payments.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post

Thoughts?
    Confirmation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48187907

The last accounts show we are not even close to being in the sort of position some of the clubs you mention are and the ones for the current financial year should look healthier again - sorry, but you're just trotting out the line that may have been justified a few years ago, but things have changed now or at least they should have done. The way you talk you would think I was advocating us spending on the sort of level Villa did when they were relegated, but all I'm talking about is what you'd expect from a recently relegated club with a pretty low wage bill and fairly healthy finances that has been selling out its 30 odd thousand capacity most weeks - having the sort of infrastructure you would expect from such a club would be nice as well.
    I can remember when we took another tact and it nearly destroyed us , we ended up with Slade /Trollope era repairing taking years moving overpriced, over indulged , over hyped players out ,I'm happy with caution if it saves and steadies our clubs existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That will involve more debt that Tan will be required to convert to equity so I can well understand his reluctance to spend heavily on new players. If debt levels increase we will be back to square one. I would rather have a club that is solvent than one that is flirting with HMRC over missed tax payments.
    Give me strength .

It was reported that we were, effectively, debt free because we only owed money our owner.