Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
I think it's actually worth noting, because if there weren't free buses then she wouldnt be riding them.

Nonetheless, I agree, it shouldnt be happening. The question is why, and how do we solve it.

I'll repeat what I asked lardy:

The energy price cap went up 50%. Her bills went up 500%. Ten times the rate. Now if she came to you for help, would you throw your hands in the air and blame the Prime Minister, or would you try and find out the reason for a rise that is ten times above what it should be?
I’ve not blamed Johnson for the rise in energy costs, all I’ve done in this thread is express my incredulity that his first instinct is to claim credit for a free bus scheme when asked a question like that. Typically, Johnson’s first instinct was to think of himself and produce a crass reply that had nothing to do with the point at issue. Furthermore, when put in an awkward position, it’s all about self preservation, not party considerations - he introduced the scheme, not the Conservative party, the man is not fit to run a bath, let alone this country.