+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 'Line of Duty' attracts record 9.6m viewers

Just watched the 2nd episode of the latest series, hoping it would improve. Got to say the acting, the dialogue, the 'plot' - all way below the standard now available on Netflix etc. Compared to something like The Queen's Gambit it looks like something Channel 5 would put on in the afternoon. The BBC have plugged this enormously but it's poor, like so much of the stuff on there. £150 to watch the news !

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Just watched the 2nd episode of the latest series, hoping it would improve. Got to say the acting, the dialogue, the 'plot' - all way below the standard now available on Netflix etc. Compared to something like The Queen's Gambit it looks like something Channel 5 would put on in the afternoon. The BBC have plugged this enormously but it's poor, like so much of the stuff on there. £150 to watch the news !
    I agree, I am a fan of the series generally but this one is slow. Obviously lots of sub plots appearing , as happens with LoD. But I do think as you say the standard is now below other series, like Queen's Gambit etc. It looks like a series that has gone one series too far. And the actress playing the DCI, Kelly McDonald, I think is really poor. Still there is time to get better, we 'll probably be surprised over the next few weeks but I guarantee it will have a weak ending like to one with Thandie Newton. Where Ted says to her 'I put it to you that you.....' and she answered 'Yes I did'. The End.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I agree, I am a fan of the series generally but this one is slow. Obviously lots of sub plots appearing , as happens with LoD. But I do think as you say the standard is now below other series, like Queen's Gambit etc. It looks like a series that has gone one series too far. And the actress playing the DCI, Kelly McDonald, I think is really poor. Still there is time to get better, we 'll probably be surprised over the next few weeks but I guarantee it will have a weak ending like to one with Thandie Newton. Where Ted says to her 'I put it to you that you.....' and she answered 'Yes I did'. The End.
    Oh, Thanks !!!!