Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW MANAGER to be named within 72 hours

Re: NEW MANAGER to be named within 72 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. View Post
    Like Neil Harris?

Or bellers or jones

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Dalman has just been on talkSPORT and now they're reporting that Neil Harris is our first choice candidate.
    Why oh why? Ffs another f up few years beckon.....

If it is Harris, thought he did ok at Millwall with very limited resources. Would hardly be an inspiring choice but one that maybe deserves a stab at a bigger club.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If it is Harris, thought he did ok at Millwall with very limited resources. Would hardly be an inspiring choice but one that maybe deserves a stab at a bigger club.
    Agreed he did well on a shoestring, nearly got them into the playoffs in our promotion season and is a better choice than Flynn given his experience at championship level. But he’s Warnock Mark 2 in terms of style of football and if he gets off to a poor start, it could be a Slade situation all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not excited by this choice at all.

I guess he could surprise us ....... all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Agreed he did well on a shoestring, nearly got them into the playoffs in our promotion season and is a better choice than Flynn given his experience at championship level. But he’s Warnock Mark 2 in terms of style of football and if he gets off to a poor start, it could be a Slade situation all over again.
    I'm not excited by the prospect of Harris, but in 4 years at Millwall just after getting relegated he:

Lost in a playoff final
    Won in a playoff final plus FA Cup Quarter Final
    Stayed up in Championship
    Stayed up in Championship plus FA Cup Quarter Final

Not a terrible few years considering Millwall's budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I'm not excited by the prospect of Harris, but in 4 years at Millwall just after getting relegated he:

Lost in a playoff final
    Won in a playoff final plus FA Cup Quarter Final
    Stayed up in Championship
    Stayed up in Championship plus FA Cup Quarter Final

Not a terrible few years considering Millwall's budget.
    I think the issue most have is the fact that Neil Harris doesn't represent a change in playing style, I believe most would like to see at the CCS. So if appointed it does not generate a lot of excitement with fans, basically more of the same.

It's not the worst scenario that could play out for the club, however Harris' style of football does not lend to the "35 shots" at goal style that Dalman eluded Cardiff are apparently looking for.

Who ever is least appealing to the followers of this club.....that’s who it’ll be.

Neil Harris.

If it's offensive they're looking for you can't get more offensive than Bowyer the racist twat

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    I think the issue most have is the fact that Neil Harris doesn't represent a change in playing style, I believe most would like to see at the CCS. So if appointed it does not generate a lot of excitement with fans, basically more of the same.

It's not the worst scenario that could play out for the club, however Harris' style of football does not lend to the "35 shots" at goal style that Dalman eluded Cardiff are apparently looking for.
    All the best trying to attract Pep or Klopp from the North West.

Sandro Schwartz just been released by Mainz, could be worth a look.

Seems to be an issue with mid season changes that it's all done in a hurry. Taking more time and opening up the interview process might spring a leftfield candidate as the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This fella is good mates with Klopp so could be good for loans etc

Please let this happen, AMBITION!

I seem to remember Warnock heaping praise on Neil Harris a little while ago so perhaps he's Warnock's recommendation. It would be an uninspiring appointment from every angle if true.

This is arguably one of the most important managerial decisions in my lifetime for Cardiff.

The potential is huge but there is only a finite window of parachute payments with which to lay ground work with an advantage over our peers. Also we really aren’t that far from the precipice should it be a balls up - I’m looking on worryingly at Ipswich Town when McCarthy left.

So with all that, it bothers me that they are rushing an appointment in 72 hours with two underwhelming candidates

Spicy choice

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    This is arguably one of the most important managerial decisions in my lifetime for Cardiff.

The potential is huge but there is only a finite window of parachute payments with which to lay ground work with an advantage over our peers. Also we really aren’t that far from the precipice should it be a balls up - I’m looking on worryingly at Ipswich Town when McCarthy left.

So with all that, it bothers me that they are rushing an appointment in 72 hours with two underwhelming candidates
    dont think its rushed , its been planned , hence the ability to say "named within 72 hours" ground must be prepared ,approaches made ,hands shook.

Gareth Ainsworth.

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/...iff-city-boss/

Not sure how reliable this source is.....

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Gareth Ainsworth.

The rugby playing chappie?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    All the best trying to attract Pep or Klopp from the North West.
    My "35 shots" comment was more a dig at Dalman as well as being a judgement of Harris' managerial style as Millwall boss.

The link to Harris as most have contested here is uninspiring, it just represents the changing of the guard. Nothing new and more of the same. I would be surprised if they did go for anyone else at this stage as his appointment much like Warnock three years ago is convenient for the club. Not that I contest Warnock's appointment, his came at a time where a manager of his calibre was needed. However now to replace him with a manager whose recent record and playing style mirrors his own seems a pointless exercise and lacking in ambition to really change things.

I'm not asking for Klopp or Pep by any means but the appointment of Bowyer for instance would at least indicate some sort of effort to enact some real change.

I'm starting to wonder whether Harris' departure from Millwall last month was in the knowledge he'd be taking over here in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I'm starting to wonder whether Harris' departure from Millwall last month was in the knowledge he'd be taking over here in the near future.
    There's almost 0 chance that Cardiff City FC have ever, in the history of the club planned that far forward and then executed said plan. Convenient, cheap replacement.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.. **** me it's disappointing following us at the moment. Total lack of ambition, horrible appointment if true.