Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
Out of interest, I had a look at the details of the team in Belgium that are supposed to be interested in Brown (K V Oostende) and then a look at the league set up in the country. I wish I hadn't to be honest because I have never come across a more weird and complicated set up. At the end of the regular league season the top four teams have a play off for the Championship title for which they carry forward some points from the regular season and there is then also an additional league set up for qualification to the Europa League, where extra games are played and teams from other divisions can take part. Oostende appear to be in the Europa League qualification league this year and the have only played 3 games so far, winning one and losing two but have a total of 30 points !! If you look at how the league systems and play offs work on Wikipedia, it is absolutely totally baffling. I have no idea how the fans or clubs know what is going on. Thank god for the pyramid system in UK.
We’re all experts on the Belgian play off system on here - Loramski explained it to us a few years back (see the Velikonja thread or his loan reports).