Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
The chip some of you have on your shoulder about rugby existing is ridiculous, the first Wales home game isn't for another 3 weeks which in Covid terms is a lifetime yet it's "JUST IN TIME for the rugby internationals"

What's the cut off for "just in time" then? if he'd have done it a week ago would a month have been "just in time"? I suspect it would because a few of you decided a while ago that he'd cancel them specifically for the 6 Nations so whenever he did it would have to fit that narrative.

Also all of you banging on like you care about hospitality struggling are the ones moaning about restrictions being relaxed by the time the 6 Nations come around, which massively helps hospitality. You can't be angry at everything. Or quite clearly you can but you shouldn't. Cases are coming down, restrictions are being relaxed, hospitality won't miss out on millions during those weekends. Good news all round.
Delmbox is right. I'm pretty critical of Drakeford at this stage of the pandemic, and it's utterly preposterous he is happy for strangers to meet in pubs but not for work colleagues to meet face to face...but, clearly the direction of travel is to open up, and its right to do so, so it's not directly linked to the six nations.

I'm sure the WRU rightly piled the pressure on and he knows what a PR disaster it would have been, but clearly this isnt just because of the six nations or even primarily related to it.