+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ben Stokes...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ben Stokes...

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    It’s absolutely great that we have got to this point where we can accept his decision.
    Brave or not is by the by I guess.

The fact that he’s not going to be considered to be weird is the big victory for me.

I’ve struggled pretty heavily with my mental health since 1991.
    Mass Anxiety and thinking you are going mad more so than depression, although every morning you woke up during a spell was “Oh ****, back on again”

I had episodes lasting from 2 weeks (if I could conquer them) to 8 months which ended up getting progressively better.

From 1991 to 2012 these would occur at least once every 2 years.
    The biggest worry was the dread of them returning...horrible trying to convince yourself you will be ok, when you know that it’s overcome you before.

Long story short, I finally looked for help in 2012...since then, this is the longest I’ve been good and not overly concerned by it.

My Mrs has been fantastic too, understanding and frustrated that there was nothing she could do while I rode the storm out...to backing in me seeing somebody.

I guess my point is, back then, when it started for me, you couldn’t talk to your friends or anyone about it.
    It would show weakness and you’ll be considered a “Nut Job”.

I talked to my Mam and Dad about it, my Dad was surprisingly more sympathetic than my Mother who took me to the regular Doctor.

They both tried though xx.

In the mean time, I’m sure that we all know of at least one person that hasn’t been able to get out of it.

It really is good to talk!!
    Well played and great to read you’re winning butt.

Only my personal opinion but talking to your family about it was brave. The stigma of poor mental health is still there and reactions to people admitting they’re suffering are still wildly different.

Re: Ben Stokes...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Well played and great to read you’re winning butt.

Only my personal opinion but talking to your family about it was brave. The stigma of poor mental health is still there and reactions to people admitting they’re suffering are still wildly different.
    !00% support this and thanks Wash DC Blue for sharing this. That takes guts man and is so on my list of brave things anyone can do *massive man hug*