+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CAS - Sala Transfer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CAS - Sala Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The point is though, that if we do have to pay out £15m for Sala, it will be because it has been found that he was our player at the time he died. In those circumstances, almost certainly, the clubs insurance policy would pay out. The recent litigation will have been driven by the insurance companies attitude to not paying out. The only time City would have had to find the ‘cash’ from the books is if he hadn't been killed and the sale had gone through smoothly at the time we signed him.I don't see how the insurance company can refuse to pay out.
    It is likely that the relevant paperwork for any insurance cover had not been completed. If it had been then there would have been no need for the club to make a provision in the accounts.

Re: CAS - Sala Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    It is likely that the relevant paperwork for any insurance cover had not been completed. If it had been then there would have been no need for the club to make a provision in the accounts.
    I think you may be right. The only reasons for there being a provision in the balance sheet are that we are either not insured or, if we are, we don't expect a pay out. Neither of which are good news.

It's quite a significant Sword of Damocles hanging over us and, I would imagine, is playing a significant part in our financial planning. Also, it is bound to impact on any takeover enquiries that might happen. The sooner it is resolved the better. Fingers crossed CAS finds in our favour.