+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What's happened to D'Almeida ?

What's happened to D'Almeida ?

Where has this lad disappeared to?

I'm sure when he arrived he was a right back but could also play as a holding midfielder (2 positions we are crying out for). He looked big, strong & confident on the ball so is he another that has been badly overlooked?

Also how about that centre back we signed from Manchester United (Denham?), surely if he has been coached to their youth level, he must have something about him?

Re: What's happened to D'Almeida ?

Denham played in the 4 nil defeat to Charlton a day or so ago. I think someone said D' Almeida has been injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Denham played in the 4 nil defeat to Charlton a day or so ago. I think someone said D' Almeida has been injured.
    I mentioned he must be injured because he seems to have disappeared completely in the last few months. We have a few players like that, Dan Griffiths scored plenty of goals for the Academy team a couple of seasons ago and was loaned to Pen-Y-Bont last year, but I've not heard a thing about him this season, same with Ryan Reynolds who may have been a possibility at right back, but he has had quite a few injuries since he joined us from Everton, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason for his absence.

Also, I certainly haven't seen D'Almeda playing right back for the Under 23s, but Tom Sang, who's just returned from his loan at Cheltenham, has played at least once as a right wing back for them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I mentioned he must be injured because he seems to have disappeared completely in the last few months. We have a few players like that, Dan Griffiths scored plenty of goals for the Academy team a couple of seasons ago and was loaned to Pen-Y-Bont last year, but I've not heard a thing about him this season, same with Ryan Reynolds who may have been a possibility at right back, but he has had quite a few injuries since he joined us from Everton, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason for his absence.

Also, I certainly haven't seen D'Almeda playing right back for the Under 23s, but Tom Sang, who's just returned from his loan at Cheltenham, has played at least once as a right wing back for them.
    Yeah I noticed Sang played wing back. Think he may be in the squad on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

There was talk of D'Almeida being a right back when we signed him, Blueblade is right as this link shows but I wasn't aware of it either.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...akou-dalmeida/

It's a mystery what happens to some of these guys, it's a recurring theme on here. I never understand the secrecy surrounding it. The club may feel there's not the interest in that level of the club to justify giving updates but it must go deeper than that or there'd be the odd social media comment or picture somewhere when you google these players but there really is nothing.

In addition to the ones you've mentioned, where's Dan Martin gone? Playing well for the under-23s and impressing a few on here with his performances but he seems to have fallen into the same black hole as the others.

What has happened with Mayembe too? On the bench for the first team a year ago with, apparently, Man Utd interested and Bellamy wanting to take him to Anderlecht because he'd make the first team there but hardly anything since, bar a few appearances for the Academy. Maybe every club covers their youth sections with the same secrecy but I don't get it at all.

The club should give detailed injury updates on our young players so that we fans are aware of their fitness. Doesn’t appear any reason for them not to do so. Only for the first team is it necessary to keep certain injury information away from the opposition for confidentiality purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    The club should give detailed injury updates on our young players so that we fans are aware of their fitness. Doesn’t appear any reason for them not to do so. Only for the first team is it necessary to keep certain injury information away from the opposition for confidentiality purposes.
    I agree, it's bizarre. I often think I must be missing an obvious reason why information isn't getting released but I've never come close to finding one.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    There was talk of D'Almeida being a right back when we signed him, Blueblade is right as this link shows but I wasn't aware of it either.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...akou-dalmeida/

It's a mystery what happens to some of these guys, it's a recurring theme on here. I never understand the secrecy surrounding it. The club may feel there's not the interest in that level of the club to justify giving updates but it must go deeper than that or there'd be the odd social media comment or picture somewhere when you google these players but there really is nothing.

In addition to the ones you've mentioned, where's Dan Martin gone? Playing well for the under-23s and impressing a few on here with his performances but he seems to have fallen into the same black hole as the others.

What has happened with Mayembe too? On the bench for the first team a year ago with, apparently, Man Utd interested and Bellamy wanting to take him to Anderlecht because he'd make the first team there but hardly anything since, bar a few appearances for the Academy. Maybe every club covers their youth sections with the same secrecy but I don't get it at all.
    I see Reynolds and Griffiths are shown as being part of the under 23 squad on the club website as is McWilliams who we signed from Northampton I believe - he’s bot been in months either.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I agree, it's bizarre. I often think I must be missing an obvious reason why information isn't getting released but I've never come close to finding one.
    Because our media team is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Because our media team is shit.
    Harsh but true I find it so bizarre we have to read up on our development teams from our own Loramski , TOBW and other contributors excellent contributors .