+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What can't you do now that you used to be able to when younger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: What can't you do now that you used to be able to when younger

Blowing out the candles on the cake!!!! Much like Tuerto though, still thinking I can work at the same pace and bang out as much as I used to. After a tough day now I have trouble with my knees in the evening, arthritis, and cramp in bed whereas years ago, at this time of year, it was finish work very often on a Tuesday & Thursday and straight to play football. After the clocks went forward and the lighter nights kicked in it always a frantic end to the season catching up on postponed league games, latter rounds of cups etc. Now I’m just glad that I don’t play skittles any more, I’m fit for f*ck all when I get in from work. Perfect example, laid a patio yesterday, got home about half three, in the past I’d have been shit, showered & shaved and out for a few pints.......I was in my bed half seven with a cuppa and glad to be there. Youth is wasted on the young, I’m sure it’s not appreciated enough.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Blowing out the candles on the cake!!!! Much like Tuerto though, still thinking I can work at the same pace and bang out as much as I used to. After a tough day now I have trouble with my knees in the evening, arthritis, and cramp in bed whereas years ago, at this time of year, it was finish work very often on a Tuesday & Thursday and straight to play football. After the clocks went forward and the lighter nights kicked in it always a frantic end to the season catching up on postponed league games, latter rounds of cups etc. Now I’m just glad that I don’t play skittles any more, I’m fit for f*ck all when I get in from work. Perfect example, laid a patio yesterday, got home about half three, in the past I’d have been shit, showered & shaved and out for a few pints.......I was in my bed half seven with a cuppa and glad to be there. Youth is wasted on the young, I’m sure it’s not appreciated enough.
    With you, 100%. The worst thing about physical work is that you feel the changes in your body. I can't screed floors anymore, my lower back is in bits afterwards. 10 years ago i was dropping 10 tonne. Knees, elbows and lower back problems, actual pain as opposed to just a bit of stiffness. What else can we do though

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    With you, 100%. The worst thing about physical work is that you feel the changes in your body. I can't screed floors anymore, my lower back is in bits afterwards. 10 years ago i was dropping 10 tonne. Knees, elbows and lower back problems, actual pain as opposed to just a bit of stiffness. What else can we do though
    I find more & more that relaxing is detrimental. We’re having a few more holidays now due to fewer commitments but after a while on a sun lounger if it’s as if my body is saying “What the feck are you doing? You’re supposed to be bending here, lifting this, stretching for that etc”. So many years of active, physical employment has conditioned my body to bastard complain if I’m trying to have a break. Oh well, carry on regardless it is

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I find more & more that relaxing is detrimental. We’re having a few more holidays now due to fewer commitments but after a while on a sun lounger if it’s as if my body is saying “What the feck are you doing? You’re supposed to be bending here, lifting this, stretching for that etc”. So many years of active, physical employment has conditioned my body to bastard complain if I’m trying to have a break. Oh well, carry on regardless it is
    If i go on holiday it takes me a week to acclimatise to doing nothing. When i just stop i feel lethargic and tired, that horrible tired feeling, really shitty. So i get up early and do a walk, can't really sit on a sun lounger for too long, maybe an hour. I need to keep moving really, or have my mind occupied, i turn into a proper nuisance if i have to sit and do nothing, to the point that i get anxious