Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
Between the three of them, more so Ampadu and the middle centre half, they got themselves into a right mess. You are trying to say Ampadu takes up his position because of the later runner into the box, absolute nonsense, he is running away from the runner into the box and he runs to the near post because he thinks thats where Bamford is going. If the cross is played to the runner into box he has a free header because Ampadu is in no mans land.

A few moments before Leeds could have scored on the break because Ampadu had gone forward for a set piece and was caught ball watching at the breakdown.

Face facts, your boy isnt living up to his early potential. A big season for him, hopefully, for Wales sake at leasr, today was just a bit of rustiness and him getting used to new team mates as he had abit of a run around, 1st half especially. He will need to shape up a bit if he wants to become a top, top player.
Ampadu was ball watching, he does that quite a lot, and he goes for balls that he has no business going for, that said, i don't think that his position was a bad one, he passed Bamford onto two defenders in the middle and took up a position on the near post. Unless he was told to follow Bamford like a lost puppy, then the only thing i'd accuse him of is a lack of communication and awareness. I'd agree with you in saying that he has a lot to learn, he's a bit all over the place at times.