+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We were micromanaged to the extreme by politicians for months. To say anything else is being pigheaded and/or in denial.

We were literally allowed to leave the house once a day for exercise at one point. Now we're getting people losing their mind because, they can't buy a ****ing toaster or a kettle for 17 days.

A lot of rewriting history going on with this new lockdown and it stinks.
    You can't aim anything at LB, he wanted to go prawn shopping in Brecon when 700 people a day were dying of Covid 19 in the UK, he's at least consistent. Plenty of others have changed their tune though. People on here almost weeping over NHS workers, grass your neighbour became a national past time, emotive stories about elderly parents having to live on Pot Noodles, Rainbows in windows etc. Panic had set in, there wasn't a great deal of balance, i get that, people were just worried and concerned.

Fast forward 6 months and some people have got a bit bored of it all. No longer are they concerned about safety first, even if it may be over cautious-who knows-The novelty has worn off. Plenty are just Tories looking for a gap to attack Welsh Labour, who are far from perfect, but what are they supposed to do?

This is how it is until a vaccine is found. It speaks volumes that this is the biggest -in terms of numbers-Petition the WAG has ever recieved, when there is so much more to protest about all around us. I can only come to the conclusion that there are some really selfish people about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It speaks volumes that this is the biggest -in terms of numbers-Petition the WAG has ever recieved, when there is so much more to protest about all around us. I can only come to the conclusion that there are some really selfish people about.
    Perhaps, just perhaps, there are a significant number of people who are getting increasingly pissed off with pointless restrictions and the clowns who are implementing them?

As I've already said, this particular policy won't affect me one iota and I haven't signed the petition against it. However, that doesn't mean to say it hasn't irritated me. It most certainly has, and I've also been irritated by the fact that some people seemingly believe they can look down upon or shame people who are fed up with this shit.

A significant percentage of the population actually seem to be genuinely revelling in this situation now. I find that truly bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Perhaps, just perhaps, there are a significant number of people who are getting increasingly pissed off with pointless restrictions and the clowns who are implementing them?

As I've already said, this particular policy won't affect me one iota and I haven't signed the petition against it. However, that doesn't mean to say it hasn't irritated me. It most certainly has, and I've also been irritated by the fact that some people seemingly believe they can look down upon or shame people who are fed up with this shit.

A significant percentage of the population actually seem to be genuinely revelling in this situation now. I find that truly bizarre.
    I think it's due to the timescale of the lockdown, an attempt to limit the casual shoppers etc. It probably wont make a difference to anything, neither will other small changes implemented during this firebreaker or whatever it's called. I don't think that anyone is shaming or looking down on people, disagreeing certainly. Most people are fed up with it, but it isn't going to go away, not just yet. I've accepted it and carried on accordingly, lets face it, we're not slumming it, there's plenty to get on with, and there's football. I haven't met anyone revelling in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that anyone is shaming or looking down on people, disagreeing certainly.
    I know you don't use Facebook. If you did, your view might be somewhat different.