+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vincent Tan to give half his wealth to charity after he dies...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You might as well ask me what my opinion of Vincent Tan would be if he was somebody entirely different who behaved entirely differently. Utterly pointless question, really. However, if you want to assess things from a football perspective while taking nothing else into consideration, the truth is the club is no further forward now that it was when Tan took control.
    Bollocks. The club was in serious threat of going into administration before Tan got involved.

In terms of league position it may be no better off but at least he’s not stealing future season ticket money under pretence of making new signings.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bollocks. The club was in serious threat of going into administration before Tan got involved.

In terms of league position it may be no better off but at least he’s not stealing future season ticket money under pretence of making new signings.

I don't really have a strong opinion on Vincent Tan but I think people are trying to be too black and white with him, he did one ridiculous thing but that doesn't make him a terrible person.

Sam Hammam and Ridsdale did just as bad for the club but it just wasn't as visible as changing the shirt colours were.

And just because Tan did that one bad thing it doesn't mean there's no coming back from it unless that person wants to hold a grudge forever.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sure thing.

As I recall, when Tan initially got involved in the club (albeit as something of a sleeping partner), it was in the Championship play-off positions but also deep in debt and losing money hand over fist. As things stand, the club is just outside the Championship play-off positions, deep in debt and losing money hand over fist.

I guess the biggest difference you'll highlight is that City are now perceived by many as being financially secure, but is that actually true? After all, we're continually told that CCFC is almost totally reliant upon Vinnie's continued goodwill and financial support, which is hardly a position of strength. After all, what happens if this man who lives on the other side of the world suddenly snuffs it? How would the club fare in such a situation?

I've always believed that you can only truly evaluate a football club owner's tenure is once it's finished. Will CCFC be in a better position after Tan has gone than it was when he took over? Only time will tell.