+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Racism In Australia , The Australian Dream , Tonight BBC 2 , 10 pm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Racism In Australia , The Australian Dream , Tonight BBC 2 , 10 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I visited Uluru a few years back and it was horrible to see the way they were treated or rather exploited. My observations in the big cities like Sydney, Melbourne and Perth was better however.
    Manley in Sydney is basically a ghetto

The true racism of the Australian society is coming out in this programme

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Manley is a really nice place with some seriously expensive real estate. There are some nice beaches and lots of eye candy. I've been there several times and not really observed any problems and my cousin lives on the outskirts. I've not seen this program but will have a look on iplayer and then make a call. I bloody love Sydney and my son (Bluebird) lives and works there and there's lots of multi-cultural stuff going on. You're gonna get some bad eggs everywhere. Whatever happened to Sydney Blue or Bluebird Down Under?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Manley is a decent place to live, decent bars, right on the edge of a national park, its the other side of the bridge from Maroubra ( which is a plus ) I have spent many good nights in Manly, nice bistro's ( used to be a very good Jazz bar down that way when i was on Sydney ) and you get to arrive by the ferry, what more could you want

Great surf at Manley beach, on the other side i used to scuba dive near the sailing club, if i wasnt living in Double bay at the time, i would have looked at Manley as it had it all

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Manley is a decent place to live, decent bars, right on the edge of a national park, its the other side of the bridge from Maroubra ( which is a plus ) I have spent many good nights in Manly, nice bistro's ( used to be a very good Jazz bar down that way when i was on Sydney ) and you get to arrive by the ferry, what more could you want

Great surf at Manley beach, on the other side i used to scuba dive near the sailing club, if i wasnt living in Double bay at the time, i would have looked at Manley as it had it all
    My son did the Manley to Bondi walk the other day, 80Km, in one day! Raised a lot of $ for a cancer charity. He lives in Bondi Jn.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    My son did the Manley to Bondi walk the other day, 80Km, in one day! Raised a lot of $ for a cancer charity. He lives in Bondi Jn.
    thats a good walk indeed, well done to him, very impressive

Had plenty of nights out in Bondi aswell though it was a PITA to get back from at night, so would often just drink till the 1st bus and then head to work saved on a taxi fare