+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What type of evidence would you like? The Government during the first wave saying 20,000 deaths would be a catastrophe, other countries of similar population and density having a much lower death rate? Do you not thing a large majority of those 100,000 deaths is due to the negligence and slow reactions of this government?

Why have Japan, South Korea, Taiwan all done better than us despite being closer to the epicentre? Why does even the US have lower deaths per capita than us?

Which part of that 100,000 being the fault of the government do you disagree with?
    Watched a documentary on Taiwan the other day, they said they’ve been preparing for this type event for 20 years, they were ready.
    Reckon we had been?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Watched a documentary on Taiwan the other day, they said they’ve been preparing for this type event for 20 years, they were ready.
    Reckon we had been?
    The UK used to have one of the best pandemic response plans in the world. Lots of Asian countries actually copied it.

But in 2020, the UK government didn't follow it.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Reckon we had been?
    they have had much more experience of this than we have: SARS, MERS and so on. Its hardly surprising they are better prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    they have had much more experience of this than we have: SARS, MERS and so on. Its hardly surprising they are better prepared.
    Exactly my point, ridiculous to try and compare us

Culturally, the citizens are better prepared. I don't believe the governments necessarily were.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Culturally, the citizens are better prepared. I don't believe the governments necessarily were.
    I have read that the people of China Proper (aka Taiwan), South Korea and Japan all readily wear face coverings if they are unwell, even outside this pandemic. Its just take as read that you keep your bugs to yourself.

I have read that the people of China Proper (aka Taiwan), South Korea and Japan all readily wear face coverings if they are unwell, even outside this pandemic. Its just take as read that you keep your bugs to yourself.
    Yep, it's also true of people in Outer China. Locals also wear face masks in the cities when pollution is bad.

Masks were one of the things I had in mind with the cultural difference. Also they are less likely to feel they have to rebel against government advice, unlike the western libertarians.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yep, it's also true of people in Outer China. Locals also wear face masks in the cities when pollution is bad.

Masks were one of the things I had in mind with the cultural difference. Also they are less likely to feel they have to rebel against government advice, unlike the western libertarians.
    Indeed. They are more compliant societies.

yes and the same in the rest of.china, Hong Kong etc.
    plenty of people also wear them just to avoid getting colds and flus as well.