+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improving match day experience.

Improving match day experience.

Good to see the clubs SLO on social media looking to engage with the younger fans to email him ideas they have to try and improve the match day atmosphere/experience. Taken from twitter
    QUOTE "Looking for some younger voices to engage with me. Lets talk about match day experiences home at CCS and when we are on the road.what can we do to improve things? Can we be better?
    DM me and get your voices heard or e mail me. slo@cardiffcityfc.co.uk"

Re: Improving match day experience.

That is a good step in the right direction.
    The club needs to thoroughly update its commercial offering - they don’t even offer the Christmas jumpers for children!

Swap the canton around - I was at St James Park in with the Chelsea lot a few weeks back and both sets of supporters were 20ft apart lots of winding up and good banter which added to the match day experience and atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Swap the canton around - I was at St James Park in with the Chelsea lot a few weeks back and both sets of supporters were 20ft apart lots of winding up and good banter which added to the match day experience and atmosphere.
    Exactly. Who wants to see the match.

First Team

Get Ali back.

Improve the quality and variety of concession stands. Reduce the prices of the food and drink.

Cut the prices of the replica kit.

Be more innovative with ticketing and match day experience offerings.

Reduce the price of the car park. 10GBP??

Get the public transport link back to the city centre back ASAP. Include public transport to/from the game in the price of a ticket.

Oh, and expand the player budget.

Swap the Canton and family stand.
    Have a cheaper ticket price between children and adults, for example; 16-25yr olds or students.
    Play Hey Jude as the teams are about to kick off.
    Give out hundreds, if not thousands, of free tickets to schools and sports clubs.

I’ll give them an email tomorrow with the suggestions. Biggest one to improve match day experience would be swapping the two ends I think.

Win some games, score some goals.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Exactly, it’s been painful to watch for a good while now.

I still don’t understand how moving the ends would improve the match day experience but each to their own. I’ve never understood spending all game looking at and flicking v’s at the home fans when we’re away but some people seem to ****ing love that too I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Exactly, it’s been painful to watch for a good while now.

I still don’t understand how moving the ends would improve the match day experience but each to their own. I’ve never understood spending all game looking at and flicking v’s at the home fans when we’re away but some people seem to ****ing love that too I suppose.
    With you all the way about changing ends - if the action is good enough on the pitch, the atmosphere takes care of itself.

With you all the way about changing ends - if the action is good enough on the pitch, the atmosphere takes care of itself.
    Yep.

When the away fans were cornered in a part of the Grange end of Ninian Park, that must have been pretty hostile for away fans. Now there isn't any hostility. That's the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yep.

When the away fans were cornered in a part of the Grange end of Ninian Park, that must have been pretty hostile for away fans. Now there isn't any hostility. That's the way it should be.
    When I was young there was more fun at times watching the away than anything else. A few of my mates that were occasional visitors never talk about a game we won, just when something kicked off or there was hostility. Whilst it doesn't interest me anymore I totally get it.

Absolute non-starter though - not sure the police (if they have any say) would ever allow it

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Get Ali back.

Improve the quality and variety of concession stands. Reduce the prices of the food and drink.

Get the public transport link back to the city centre back ASAP. Include public transport to/from the game in the price of a ticket.

This thread has been done a thousand times before and city have never really made the big changes it could.

Re: Food prices - We just finished a 10 year deal with Compass I believe, and instead of doing the hard but right thing of bringing this in-house or subcontracted to a local firm with better quality or lower prices they took the easy (and probably more profitable but at the detriment of the punter)

We also have the WAG run the bloody trains - should have been an priority to agree a train ticket as part of the admission price like in Germany after all the nonsense about climate change.

No what CCFC want is how can we not spend anything but look like were actually doing something. Goal music? A mural?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Exactly. Who wants to see the match.
    There’s more to a match day experience than just the gamer it’s self…how many go to catch up with their mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Have a cheaper ticket price between children and adults, for example; 16-25yr olds or students.
    Give out hundreds, if not thousands, of free tickets to schools and sports clubs.

I’ll give them an email tomorrow with the suggestions. Biggest one to improve match day experience would be swapping the two ends I think.
    In particular to communities that are very poorly represented at CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    When I was young there was more fun at times watching the away than anything else. A few of my mates that were occasional visitors never talk about a game we won, just when something kicked off or there was hostility. Whilst it doesn't interest me anymore I totally get it.

Absolute non-starter though - not sure the police (if they have any say) would ever allow it
    I think you’re right it’s almost there as a complete separate thing for some people on top of the match that’s going on.

I’ve always enjoyed the match and the atmosphere without that but I can understand how some younger people might love that.

We’ve had some amazing atmospheres in this ground and Wales games should be more proof than anything that switching ends is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

So you and your friends only went along to watch and partake in hurling abuse, missiles at away fans with the occasional bouts of violence thrown in. Great. Anyone who wants a return to those days is nuts. Different fans should be as far away from each other as physically possible. It is one of the main reasons why disturbances at games has reduced considerably in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Get Ali back.

The ‘football bus’ is a massive miss. The two mates I go with have started to give evening games a miss, the getting back to town is a hardship. We’re getting on and not too clever on our feet now, we’ve walked back into town after Saturday games recently and it’s been a bit of an effort. No pit stops like The Wells, Craddock, Grange & Riverside Labour or Royal Tudor now either which would lessen the load.

First Team

Probably the single best idea put forward in this thread.

Certainly merit in reducing the prices of the catering to get people in earlier, though not entirely sure people will really give up the pub of choice for the concrete bleakness of the CCS concourse.

Free tickets for local schools/ organisations coupled with a ground tour etc may generate some interest but experience tells me that if we are winning crowds and atmosphere improve and if we lose then it goes south.

"match day experience". A phrase that leaves me stone cold !

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

They will never swap ends even though it would make for a much better atmosphere. I’ve sat in the family stand a few times can barely hear the canton

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So you and your friends only went along to watch and partake in hurling abuse, missiles at away fans with the occasional bouts of violence thrown in. Great. Anyone who wants a return to those days is nuts. Different fans should be as far away from each other as physically possible. It is one of the main reasons why disturbances at games has reduced considerably in the last 20 years.
    I think the threat of going down for a few years is enough to put most people off stepping over the line, seems like most clubs having the most vocal support right next to the away fans with few issues…..

Oh and lose the drum. Biggest atmosphere killer there is.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Watch. Not partake. I was 13-14-15. Some people want drama. It's a natural instinct for some.

I get it.

I also get others who want that mentality and scene stamped out for good. Especially for the sake of younger kids

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    There’s more to a match day experience than just the gamer it’s self…how many go to catch up with their mates.
    I totally agree but meeting friends doesn’t include balling way the away fans and missing any action.