+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: BRISTOL CITY 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Ashley Williams out after a red card against Forest in midweek.

Game is live on Sky on a Saturday at 3:00pm. The pubs are open in England

Re: BRISTOL CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Anyone going over to watch it in a pub ????

Bet some nutter will

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Anyone going over to watch it in a pub ????

Bet some nutter will
    No television or entertainment allowed in pubs at first I think.

Harris has to start Vaulks and Hoillet. We need a much quicker tempo from the outset than we had against Charlton.
    Given that Adomah has gone back to Forest, it seems inevitable that Hoillet will start, along with NML.

I get frustrated by the constant sideways passes of Marlon Pack which end up behind the intended receiver.

I really think we need to set the tone early; Bristol's confidence has to be shot by now, I think they have had 7 losses in the last 8 games.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    That's a shame. He's looked a constant liability in recent games (perhaps for even longer if you ask a certain poster on here).

Interested to see if Paterson starts up top or if RG9 is fit for this one? If so the latter has to start, this Paterson folly is starting to get ridiculous. He's good for buying cheap free kicks and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Interested to see if Paterson starts up top or if RG9 is fit for this one? If so the latter has to start, this Paterson folly is starting to get ridiculous. He's good for buying cheap free kicks and that's about it.

But it works !!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    No television or entertainment allowed in pubs at first I think.
    Could set up in some Brizzies front garden with some camping furniture??

But it works !!!
    That's my thoughts, why show all your skills first , start with the workhorse, then use the more dangerous players as substitutes. As the game wears on opposing side can tire or switch off , and get caught out by newly introduced pace , tactics, skills ??

But it works !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's my thoughts, why show all your skills first , start with the workhorse, then use the more dangerous players as substitutes. As the game wears on opposing side can tire or switch off , and get caught out by newly introduced pace , tactics, skills ??

Not rocket science is it

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Game is live on Sky on a Saturday at 3:00pm. The pubs are open in England
    The JB did it on purpose knowing he was going to get dogs abuse from a massive partisan crowd.

Looking forward to watching it at the "proper" football time, 3pm Saturday.

Neil Harris said it was doubtful Glatzel would feature - apparently a final decision will be made today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Neil Harris said it was doubtful Glatzel would feature - apparently a final decision will be made today.
    I agree. Hopefully Ward will be fit otherwise we will be very light up top.

But it works !!!
    How does it? Half a game Charlton nothing created, 2/3 of the Leeds and Preston games 1 goal with him on the pitch.

How's that working?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How does it? Half a game Charlton nothing created, 2/3 of the Leeds and Preston games 1 goal with him on the pitch.

How's that working?
    2-0
    1-3
    That’s how it working !!!!

As someone above mentioned, Patt’s softens um up, then something completely different in Tomlin and Robert

2-0
    1-3

As someone above mentioned, Patt’s softens um up, then something completely different in Tomlin and Robert
    We have scored 1 goal with him on the pitch.

The stat that matters when you talk about it working. He creates nothing

2-0
    1-3

We have scored 1 goal with him on the pitch.

The stat that matters when you talk about it working. He creates nothing

I GIVE UP

It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.

Your way, DIDN’T WORK AGAINST AN AVERAGE CHARLTON TEAM

I GIVE UP

It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.

Your way, DIDN’T WORK AGAINST AN AVERAGE CHARLTON TEAM
    I think many of us have acknowledged how keeping it tight works, but you don't necessarily need Paterson to do that as the other 9 behind the striker do that..Glatzel could play and we could "keep it tight"

We only create when players like Paterson leave the pitch, these players aren't just creative because they're playing against tired legs. They can do it from the first whistle.

You give up. Please do. You're doing me a favour, because you've not got a clue.

I think many of us have acknowledged how keeping it tight works, but you don't necessarily need Paterson to do that as the other 9 behind the striker do that..Glatzel could play and we could "keep it tight"

We only create when players like Paterson leave the pitch, these players aren't just creative because they're playing against tired legs. They can do it from the first whistle.

You give up. Please do. You're doing me a favour, because you've not got a clue.

Pray tell, what did Robert create against Charlton ????

First game I didn't see all season.

If you read my post again though..
    "but you don't necessarily need Paterson to do that as the other 9 behind the striker do that..Glatzel could play and we could "keep it tight"

He can at the boring game just as Paterson can. But Paterson can't play the game Glatzel can. 5 goals in 2 games 1 was on the pitch for 1 and the other for 4...

Not much. But as he's scored twice in the last 3 games, I'll take his recent form over a free kick merchant. We score when Paterson is off the pitch because we bring more talented players on who are far more capable going forward than the aforementioned. Not this 'he tires them down' rubbish, no shit, players get tired after 70 minutes, I'm not sure you can personally credit Paterson with a natural fatigue.

Paterson certainly serves a role, but up front it is not, and it's quite pathetic that yourself and others have bought into this rhetoric surrounding him. He genuinely isn't even that good at the things people seem to think he is, can't head a ball, his hold up play is average. He can pick out a five yard pass though. Fair do's like.

Not much. But as he's scored twice in the last 3 games, I'll take his recent form over a free kick merchant. We score when Paterson is off the pitch because we bring more talented players on who are far more capable going forward than the aforementioned. Not this 'he tires them down' rubbish, no shit, players get tired after 70 minutes, I'm not sure you can personally credit Paterson with a natural fatigue.

Paterson certainly serves a role, but up front it is not, and it's quite pathetic that yourself and others have bought into this rhetoric surrounding him. He genuinely isn't even that good at the things people seem to think he is, can't head a ball, his hold up play is average. He can pick out a five yard pass though. Fair do's like.
    That's a cracking reply. But not to worry as Tony gave up the post before his last reply to me so I don't expect he will be replying to common sense posts on this matter any longer.

Lee Johnson and his coaching staff have all dodged the pre-match press conference. Fans not impressed!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ho...coaching-news/

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Lee Johnson and his coaching staff have all dodged the pre-match press conference. Fans not impressed!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ho...coaching-news/
    Troubled times. Shame

Troubled times. Shame
    Good news for us if there is turmoil behind the scenes.