Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
I wondered how long it would take.

Anybody with a brain can see through this from the tone of the speech itself and the circumstances sunak finds himself in. If you want to believe that politicians are virtuously floating through life doing god's work then you can, I think the evidence suggests it is a deeply cynical game and this move is no different.

And yes really honest and open to reel off a list of scary policies that don't exist and tell people he has scrapped them, really? That's the kind of fear mongering politics you want, and from an official televised Downing Street press conference? Demeaning the office doesn't really cover it but after the last few years nothing surprises me.

I think you accused me of being naive recently..
Hate to break it to you Eric, but no, not everyone sees things the way you do.

Like I said, I can see why people don't like what he said, but the reality is that all policies come with huge costs and benefits and on this one they've realigned things to push them both down the road.

Fear mongering?! No idea what you are talking about there. Again, whatever else he said, I don't think he's the one using fear to push through a policy.

If you want to believe there is far more to it than that then that's up to you