+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cake gate latest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cake gate latest

A pretty textbook James Wales reply.

Wordy, a reference to the other person being upset/angry, overlooking the main point (despite me writing it in bold).

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    A pretty textbook James Wales reply.

Wordy, a reference to the other person being upset/angry, overlooking the main point (despite me writing it in bold).
    You clearly missed the point where I said:

"I agree with you that Johnsons example would be worse, and the Tories generally worse given the parties at work (genuine boozy parties too)."

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You clearly missed the point where I said:

"I agree with you that Johnsons example would be worse, and the Tories generally worse given the parties at work (genuine boozy parties too)."
    That is addressing the nature of the events. It doesn't address lying to parliament oh god I'm so bored of writing this again and again and again.

That is addressing the nature of the events. It doesn't address lying to parliament oh god I'm so bored of writing this again and again and again.
    I've said....I agree with you that Johnsons example would be worse. I can't be clearer on it. I get it.

But the point is, if Starmer essentially did the same, if he is found guilty and charged (as Johnson was) then that is still a very bad state of affairs.

In this hypothetical scenario, we could argue then which is worse; Johnson was the lawmaker tuned lawbreaker, Starmer (potentially) the person who claimed to be perfect who actually wasn't.

Either way, you should welcome scrutiny of Starmer on this as it's important to hold politicians to account.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I've said....I agree with you that Johnsons example would be worse. I can't be clearer on it. I get it.

But the point is, if Starmer essentially did the same, if he is found guilty and charged (as Johnson was) then that is still a very bad state of affairs.

In this hypothetical scenario, we could argue then which is worse; Johnson was the lawmaker tuned lawbreaker, Starmer (potentially) the person who claimed to be perfect who actually wasn't.

Either way, you should welcome scrutiny of Starmer on this as it's important to hold politicians to account.
    And the bit about one of them lying to parliament?

And the bit about one of them lying to parliament?
    Yes it's worse in my opinion than if Starmer was found guilty.

Although people could then decide for themselves who is worse.