+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Caroline Flack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Caroline Flack

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    I hadn't read the thread, no offence meant to anyone, some really good and honest posts, the point I was trying to make is what seems to have changed, as there seems a big increase even over the last twenty years?
    No offence taken here.

You could even argue there is more to be stressed about nowadays? Was life a little slower then, out of a job in a Friday into a new one on a Monday, cheaper rent and bills, add in the pressures of the internet and the need to look and be your best at all times.

I don't think people are weaker, you could argue they are stronger in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No offence taken here.

You could even argue there is more to be stressed about nowadays? Was life a little slower then, out of a job in a Friday into a new one on a Monday, cheaper rent and bills, add in the pressures of the internet and the need to look and be your best at all times.

I don't think people are weaker, you could argue they are stronger in some ways.
    Good points, I would say most people are doing at least double the amount of work they were doing 40 years ago, for the same job, the pressure has increased significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No offence taken here.

I'm not sure if there is more to be stressed about these days and it wasn't always the case that a job could be left on a Friday and another one found on the Monday: people who have experiences a few recessions in the seventies and subsequently will confirm that, I'm sure. And although rents were possibly lower people didn't have luxury goods that are considered to be almost necessities these days, including cars.

Schlepping to work via a combination of Shanks's Pony and more than bus could be very time-consuming and many activities carried out by machinery and technology was more manual previously.

However, it's all relative and we have different expectations and pressures these days.