Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
+1
I'm not sure that being starved of funds is entirely the fault of the UK government. Some fault probably but not necessarily the total fault although it is really very difficult to establish that point. The money the WG receives from Westminster is unhypothecated; that means they can spend the cash they receive on anything they want. When I worked in that sector many years ago money was often taken from one element of expenditure to fund another. All Parties would do it so this isn't a criticism; I'm merely pointing out that it is difficult to establish.

As for Drakeford making a very good impression over the last 12 months I think that depends on the individual's political stance. Certainly at times during the process Wales has not done that well especially in terms of the number of cases which arguably is due in part to mistakes made. This article here is a snapshot and is probably not totally representative but does show at times things have not been that great:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55302591

What can be said is that the vaccine roll out in Wales has been an unqualified success which didn't look as though it would be the case earlier on.