Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
I was in the Ninian that night, and I don’t recall any fires or the toilets over flowing.

A few, threw their scarves onto the pitch. One or two people towards the end doing the same and hurling lots of abuse at the rest of our subdued fans.

And I also recall lots of surplus scarves left on the concourse as we walked out. But let’s not re write history, it was an embarrassing, pathetic response from us, who by and large just accepted it.

And were glad of a freebe.....
We all know that the support base of this football club by and large accepted the change to Red. Some were just happy to be promised money for players , some openly embraced the idea , some threatened others who didn't want our colours changed etc and many reluctantly accepted the change whilst voicing their displeasure

But with regard to the specific point I distinctly remember reading reports of scarves being set on fire , toilets being blocked and the urinals full of red scarves

In the following days letters were being posted online and in the western mail from " angry of Bedwas " saying some of our fans were yobs for their actions

The club of course had two options , to openly come out and criticise those who flushed scarves down the bogs and blocked them or keep quiet , printing silly pictures of fans in red , which they did .