+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Welsh names are nowhere near as prominent in the list in this link as they were previously, but I notice there has been an increase in cases in Blaenau Gwent over the past few days while the figures are lower everywhere else.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...navirus-uk-map

You'd like to think that they can still come down a fair bit yet (I notice the R is below 1 now in Northern Ireland after a four week lockdown that has just been extended), but, after the debate as to whether a Welsh lockdown was necessary about a month ago, I think there may well turn out to be one about whether it was long enough?
    I notice that Cardiff has gone up by 1 today. A tiny amount but it is the first rise for many days.

Hope it doesn't carry on tomorrow.

My concern was that they didn't keep the area lockdowns where necessary after the circuit break,

Merthyr for example remained very high straight after ( don't know where it is now) and of course people from Merthyr were able to go outside the area for the first time in weeks. Many may well have come to work in Cardiff, so it wiil be interesting to see the Cardiff toll again in a couple of weeks

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I notice that Cardiff has gone up by 1 today. A tiny amount but it is the first rise for many days.

Hope it doesn't carry on tomorrow.

My concern was that they didn't keep the area lockdowns where necessary after the circuit break,

Merthyr for example remained very high straight after ( don't know where it is now) and of course people from Merthyr were able to go outside the area for the first time in weeks. Many may well have come to work in Cardiff, so it wiil be interesting to see the Cardiff toll again in a couple of weeks
    Those people from Merthyr would probably have been coming to Cardiff to work during the firebreak though. If you travelled to Merthyr today, your chances of catching Covid off a resident would be much higher than catching it from someone from Cardiff on a day trip wouldn't they, so I don't understand why the opposite should apply to me if I came to Cardiff as someone who, as far as I'm aware, does not have the virus currently I'd be far more likely to catch it off someone from Cardiff than someone who was down from the valleys for the day.

I don't get the thinking behind the line that if Cardiff sees an increase in cases in the coming weeks it must be down to people from other areas close by bringing the infection with them. The figures for the Rhondda are bad, but, generally, not as bad as Merthyr's, if cases start to rise again where I live in the coming weeks, I won't be putting that down to people from Merthyr coming here.