+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

too many fresh laegs in 1 go and we caved in

fair doos to them they gambled and it paid off

Sheff wed losing 4-1 to QPR, that’s how good they are!

Awful....not ONE city player sweating...that to me is unacceptable....I remember Danny Malloy et al drenched in sweat after a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Sheff wed losing 4-1 to QPR, that’s how good they are!
    ...or that's how BAD city are.....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    How many subs has Mick made?
    It's about ten since he's been here I think, I see Sheffield Wednesday are 4-1 down.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    too many fresh laegs in 1 go and we caved in

fair doos to them they gambled and it paid off
    100% MM as bad as Harris when it comes to using the bench.

Very poor 2nd half. Should have won the game in the 1st.

Terrible 2nd half deserved F all 😠

I think we only did well 1st half because Rovers didn't turn-up 😠

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Awful....not ONE city player sweating...that to me is unacceptable....I remember Danny Malloy et al drenched in sweat after a game.
    And I thought I was the only one on here to remember the best City centre half in my time, a true legend..

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 2 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

It's not possible to play any more defenders - we're playing 5-4-1 as it is - yet we still concede.
    Phillips will be back in goal next week.

I think we are going to have to accecpt that McCarthy is not the slightest bit interested in youth development at the club. In a match that we effectively have nothin to play for hi only two subsistutions are two rather tired old war horses like Williams and Ralls. What is really annoying is for the first time in about 15 years we have some talented youth team players and won't play them.

McCarthy had a great start for us but the evidence of the last six or seven games suggests we will be in a serious relegation battle next season. No doubt at the press conference Blackburn will become a team of world beaters to rival mighty Sheffield Wednesday.

How the hell can you see that from where you are ? Most of them put a good shift in today, especially Moore. Have a go at them for lacking technical ability if you like but you cant criticise their effort. NG, Brown, Vaulks, Wilson and Sang all played well anyway.

Phillips had done nothing to deserve getting dropped. I didn’t see the first goal but Smithies was down like a bag of cement for the 2nd. The little I saw, we barely deserved anything but I didn’t see the first half. Anything we seemed to have gained under MM looks utterly evaporated.

...so THAT was a player reaction to a 5-0 defeat......(shaking my head...)

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How the hell can you see that from where you are ? Most of them put a good shift in today, especially Moore. Have a go at them for lacking technical ability if you like but you cant criticise their effort. NG, Brown, Vaulks, Wilson and Sang all played well anyway.
    I can see it very clearly on club TV....have been watching them since 1958...so I think i know what I see....

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    I think we are going to have to accecpt that McCarthy is not the slightest bit interested in youth development at the club. In a match that we effectively have nothin to play for hi only two subsistutions are two rather tired old war horses like Williams and Ralls. What is really annoying is for the first time in about 15 years we have some talented youth team players and won't play them.

McCarthy had a great start for us but the evidence of the last six or seven games suggests we will be in a serious relegation battle next season. No doubt at the press conference Blackburn will become a team of world beaters to rival mighty Sheffield Wednesday.
    No way did we have nothing to play for today. Definitely not the game to blood young players. Your criticism is totally unjustified anyway as McCarthy has already given league games to Sang, Colwill, Brown, Bagan since he has been here and had others on the bench on a number of occasions.

The number of subs made is irrelevant. There's no back-up for the changes we need - we're lacking defenders and midfield is the big problem so unless you want to try Patten and Bowen and we'd be throwing them in for the sake of it. Ralls came on and scored so you can't really knock that. We still had half a chance before today but that's that now, so maybe we'll see someone else at 6 and 8.

I can see it very clearly on club TV....have been watching them since 1958...so I think i know what I see....
    Absolute rubbish. I was watching club tv as well. What difference does it make how long you have been watching them anyway. Perhaps you should check your horizontal hold !

Commentators scathing about the City defence for Blackburn’s second goal. At least the result ensures no embarrassing exit from the playoffs at the hands of the Jacks as we now won't make it into the top six (barring a melt down with the 5 teams above us!).

We should have been at least 2-0 up at half-time, but they could have scored 3 or 4 in the second half, so a draw was probably a fair result.

I think that Tom Sang is starting to get a bit exposed defensively at wing-back. He's not getting much help from our centre-backs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    I think we only did well 1st half because Rovers didn't turn-up 😠
    True. You can analyse tactics, use of substitutes, commitment etc., but in truth we're just not very good.

Did we really play that well in the first half? Blackburn should have scored inside two minutes and were on top when they equalised. We had a good spell for about fifteen minutes, but our goal was the only on target effort we had in the first forty five minutes.

Moore and Wilson had guilt edge chances before our goal, Wilson rounding the keeper for the "sending off" was also a key play so one could say we had a good first half.

That said, the amount of chances we gave them in the second was just awful and who's to say we'd have gone on to win had we converted all three?

Sang and Ng I think it is accepted are good players so it begs the question, how bad must our other defenders be?

No biggy for this season but Mick needs to put that right for next at the very least.