+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Squad for next season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Squad for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't have much of a problem with us going down. I would hope the drop in income might bring about a reality check for Tan. Relegation didn't work out too badly for Norwich, Southampton, Leicester etc. It's true that Bolton and Portsmouth struggled and there is a fear we could end up as we did in the mid 80s, but we're not a club in huge trouble like those. It took Slade to sort out the mess from Solskjaer and it's taken 3 managers to sort out the mess from Warnock. Sometimes you need to take a step backwards to make bigger steps forward.
    I honestly can't believe you can find any positives in relegation. It would be an unmitigated disaster. For one we do not produce home-grown players of the calibre that Southampton in particular do. Even a club far bigger than ourselves such as Sunderland are not finding it easy to bounce back. As for Portsmouth and Bolton, both similar size clubs to us, well they won't be getting promoted any time soon.

Re: Squad for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I honestly can't believe you can find any positives in relegation. It would be an unmitigated disaster. For one we do not produce home-grown players of the calibre that Southampton in particular do. Even a club far bigger than ourselves such as Sunderland are not finding it easy to bounce back. As for Portsmouth and Bolton, both similar size clubs to us, well they won't be getting promoted any time soon.
    Few points. We could field a starting eleven with a majority of u-23 players. We are starting, as a club, to realise the importance of this.

Portsmouth and Bolton were in shit street when they went down to League 1. We're not. Sunderland were a total mess when they suffered two successive relegations. They clung on to life in the top flight when they should have gone down sooner and their problems just mounted.