+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Anti-vaxxers are some of the stupidest people on the planet. Only flat earthers come closer.

The irritating thing is that they get the benefits from mass vaccinations and then use that to "prove" that because they haven't had the disease then vaccinations weren't necessary at all.

This, amusingly but tragically, falls over in the Bible belt in America because there is a significant proportion of people who are "anti-vaxxers" and that has led to resurgence in viruses like measles which would be practically eradicated if not for these ideological prats.
    I have an American friend in the States who is otherwise a very intelligent and worldy lady - but who has just posted on Facebook a request that her friends pray for her cousin in Michigan as he hit a deer while driving and he is now on life support.
    How is that meant to work? Is the god that allowed it to happen in the first place more responsive to undoing things if there are sufficient prayers generated by Facebook users?

It reminded me of when there was an earthquake in Italy which caused many people to perish but a survivor thanked 'God' for saving her.

Great logic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have an American friend in the States who is otherwise a very intelligent and worldy lady - but who has just posted on Facebook a request that her friends pray for her cousin in Michigan as he hit a deer while driving and he is now on life support.
    How is that meant to work? Is the god that allowed it to happen in the first place more responsive to undoing things if there are sufficient prayers generated by Facebook users?

It reminded me of when there was an earthquake in Italy which caused many people to perish but a survivor thanked 'God' for saving her.

Great logic.
    Yes, I never could work it out. I talked to some of the people handing out some religious pamphlets in Cardiff a while back. Their belief was that the planet was 6,000 years old. They also said that diseases like cancer were created by God to punish people who committed sin. They couldn't explain why some children are born with fatal diseases, one of the old chaps did "those children were born in sin". When I asked him further "Their parents didn't believe in God". "Neither did my parents, but I am still alive and talking to you 40 years on".

Strong beliefs that crumble at the first sight of any logical thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes, I never could work it out. I talked to some of the people handing out some religious pamphlets in Cardiff a while back. Their belief was that the planet was 6,000 years old. They also said that diseases like cancer were created by God to punish people who committed sin. They couldn't explain why some children are born with fatal diseases, one of the old chaps did "those children were born in sin". When I asked him further "Their parents didn't believe in God". "Neither did my parents, but I am still alive and talking to you 40 years on".

Strong beliefs that crumble at the first sight of any logical thought.
    I've seen people saying that God / Allah spared or saved them after the Beirut explosion. And the obvious question is why weren't the ones who perished spared? Were they all worse people?