+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Duke of Edinburgh dies

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The fact it's a public server broadcaster should mean they should try to serve all of the public, including the sizeable minority who are either anti royal or not remotely interested in the Royal family.
    I wonder if those of us who are either opposed to the monarchy or have no interest in it are in the minority in the UK in 2021? I don’t suppose there’s a reliable way of measuring that, but I think the percentages would be close.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I wonder if those of us who are either opposed to the monarchy or have no interest in it are in the minority in the UK in 2021? I don’t suppose there’s a reliable way of measuring that, but I think the percentages would be close.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you are right and I feel a lot of the goodwill towards the Royals currently will disappear when the Queen is no longer with us.

Recent opinion Polls by YouGov and Opinium and Survation showed around 55% on average supporting a monarchy with 29% in favour of a republic.

Unsurprisingly the youngest age group (18-24) was slightly in favour of a re favour of a republic.

Perhaps they should put a question on the next Census...........

I dunno. I suspect a significant majority would have taken an interest and been saddened by him dying. Frankly I couldn’t care a toss. I haven’t complained to the BBC about their totally over the top coverage. It didn’t affect me but two have both stations giving this wall to wall coverage is ridiculous.