+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Senedd election prediction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Senedd election prediction

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    If you choose to ignore everything else that's happened over the past few years and only focus on an election that's being held under exceptional circumstances then I don't know what to say

Also, what are you basing Plaid not getting any support on? The election's not happened yet and its pretty inconsistent to use polls to say that whilst saying its deluded to use polls as a yardstick for growth in pro-independence feeling
    Pollsters sometimes get it wrong but everything points to Labour being the dominant party , propped up in a coalition by the Welsh nationalist Party who are likely to come third behind the tories

If that tells you there is a growing movement for Welsh independence then that doesn't transmit to Welsh peoples voting habits , more people in Wales would rather vote tory than for plaid cymru ?

What does that tell you about this growing movement for Welsh independence ?

I know what it tells me

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Pollsters sometimes get it wrong but everything points to Labour being the dominant party , propped up in a coalition by the Welsh nationalist Party who are likely to come third behind the tories

If that tells you there is a growing movement for Welsh independence then that doesn't transmit to Welsh peoples voting habits , more people in Wales would rather vote tory than for plaid cymru ?

What does that tell you about this growing movement for Welsh independence ?

I know what it tells me
    Polling has gone up dramatically in the past few years and is solidly in the 20s/30s, its hit the point that's its not a complete fringe issue anymore. Even if it doesn't transmit to a vote for Plaid in this one election, held under exceptional circumstances, that's still a better position than it was in this time 5 years ago

Is it really that hard for you to accept that its in a better place than it was? All the polling data is better than it was, more people are coming round to it as a possibility and its even being discussed by the London media. One disappointing result in an election that's been held in spite of us being lockdowns for a year doesn't change the fact that it is growing

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Polling has gone up dramatically in the past few years and is solidly in the 20s/30s, its hit the point that's its not a complete fringe issue anymore. Even if it doesn't transmit to a vote for Plaid in this one election, held under exceptional circumstances, that's still a better position than it was in this time 5 years ago

Is it really that hard for you to accept that its in a better place than it was? All the polling data is better than it was, more people are coming round to it as a possibility and its even being discussed by the London media. One disappointing result in an election that's been held in spite of us being lockdowns for a year doesn't change the fact that it is growing
    Time to walk the walk

People have the opportunity to vote for a one direction pro independence party

Today

Forget all the marches and opinion polls

Let's have it

My money says plaid vote is less than the tories