+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listened to a guy on the RW phone on saying that he wanted Flynn as manager. Astonishing.

Listened to a guy on the RW phone on saying that he wanted Flynn as manager. Astonishing.

Can anyone put forward a sensible case why it should be him?

Re: Listened to a guy on the RW phone in saying that he wanted Flynn as manager. Astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    On the opposite side of the coin, why do we always look for managers who must have experience in the Championship and have preferably won promotion?

Re: Listened to a guy on the RW phone on saying that he wanted Flynn as manager. Astonishing.

It's his divine wright to have that opinion

Re: Listened to a guy on the RW phone on saying that he wanted Flynn as manager. Astonishing.

Was the callers name Mike Flynn by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I didn’t say it wasn’t. I asked if anyone else could put forward a reason for appointing him.

I didn't understand Leggy and Ledley when they said its a big jump from U23 to championship.
    Yes their right but, how many players when they finish go straight into management in the championship, league 1 without any previous coaching experience.
    At least with Morisson he has that coaching experience, even if it's just U23

I didn’t say it wasn’t. I asked if anyone else could put forward a reason for appointing him.
    Lol I think that one went over your head I'm afraid! That Dembe, he's a card 👍

If he had managed Forest Green and achieved the same in his career then no one would know who he was. Find it all a bit strange how he’s seemingly right in the mix.

Check the spelling before responding

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Lol I think that one went over your head I'm afraid! That Dembe, he's a card 👍
    Turning the place into a nursery apparently.

The might merthyr man has spoken. I've been put in my place.

I Think it will be Flynn and media wales along with phone ins are told to push it.

No reason he should ever be considered.

Turning the place into a nursery apparently.

The might merthyr man has spoken. I've been put in my place.
    Ha ha made me chuckle anyway 👍

Glad to see this getting some deserved recognition

None whatsoever

I’d rather Flynn than Morison

Morrison for me

Hehe. Fair play.

Anyone keen to have Derek Adams, Ian Evatt, Mark Bonner or Michael Duff as manager?
    They're the managers who got their teams promoted from League 2 last season whilst County lost in the play offs. Their teams aren't just down the road though.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Anyone keen to have Derek Adams, Ian Evatt, Mark Bonner or Michael Duff as manager?
    They're the managers who got their teams promoted from League 2 last season whilst County lost in the play offs. Their teams aren't just down the road though.
    I’d be okay with Duff, Bonner’s done a very good job at Cambridge, Evatt is a manager whose career is on the up and Bolton are a club that have had to shed the delusions of grandeur that some of our fans have based on the attitude shown towards Flynn by them. I wouldn’t want Adams, but that’s because I don’t like him - he does have an impressive CV though.

It’s a bit insulting to assume nobody from this area would know anything about Flynn if he hadn’t been managing the club a few miles down the road. What Flynn did to keep County in the Football League in 16/17 was extraordinary and made him a contender for manager of the season that year in my view. Since then, Newport’s cup record has been second to none in the lower divisions and Flynn has steered Newport into league finishes that historically you dont tend to see from sides from that city.

I’ve got a short list of possible contenders for the City manager’s job who I definitely wouldn’t want here, Flynn isn’t on it.

Flynn.....no way.

On the other forum, a few posters said they saw Flynn at yesterday’s game. If true, it makes you wonder why? Or maybe he just wanted to watch a game locally for him?

I want a manager who can help us transition away from a low block + long ball, and who understands how to get the most out of the 3-4-3 formation.
    McCarthy is a very experienced manager, but he was doing bizarre things.

Steve Morison has the players motivated, has changed our playing style dramatically already and with more time I believe we would get better and better at it.
    has turned around 2 games through substitutions, and was close to doing the same to the third.
    he's shown he understands the system with the U23s, and it looks as though promoting youth players is going to be a big part of our near future.

I don't know enough about Mike Flynn to say whether he can tick those same boxes or not.