+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuchel and Klopp- no class at all.

Tuchel and Klopp- no class at all.

Besides being of German descent, what have these two got in common ? Both of them are not gracious enough when their teams don’t win,and should give more credit to the opponents. Chelsea failed to beat Burnley, even though they had enough chances to win three games. Tuchel then went public saying Burnley were lucky and didn’t deserve the draw. Following that immature outburst , Klopp then blamed the referee for not giving a foul on his goalkeeper when West Ham scored from a corner kick. Klopp obviously saw the incident very clearly from 60 yards away through a group of players ,in the crowded penalty area. Why don’t these so called elite managers just say their team weren’t quite good enough on the day ?
    In klopp’s case, his defence was poor without Van Dijk. Now he’s back, it’s still poor. Nothing has changed at all. Still very vulnerable in the air, especially from set pieces. That’s what he should be thinking about, instead, like his German counterpart, blaming everyone else except themselves. These minor teams ARE allowed to get a decent result now and again, when it’s least expected.

Re: Tuchel and Klopp- no class at all.

It's the sense of entitlement I don't like. Solksjaer isn't doing that bad a job, compared to say Dyche, but you'd think Man Utd were in the relegation slots, the way their fans and the media go on. You have to earn it, fellas.

Bloody Germans

I would love United and Liverpool to really struggle for a while

About 30 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    It's the sense of entitlement I don't like. Solksjaer isn't doing that bad a job, compared to say Dyche, but you'd think Man Utd were in the relegation slots, the way their fans and the media go on. You have to earn it, fellas.
    ‘ Solksjaer isn't doing that bad a job, compared to say Dyche’?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Almost like one of them has a team with half a billion spent on it while the other only has Chris wood who can score goals

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would love United and Liverpool to really struggle for a while

About 30 years or so
    Liverpool did struggle (relatively speaking) for 30 years. So did Man Utd before them.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bloody Germans
    ahhh! come on! ...we're all in europe togethe.... or yeah!...you lot fecked that up

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Besides being of German descent, what have these two got in common ? Both of them are not gracious enough when their teams don’t win,and should give more credit to the opponents. Chelsea failed to beat Burnley, even though they had enough chances to win three games. Tuchel then went public saying Burnley were lucky and didn’t deserve the draw. Following that immature outburst , Klopp then blamed the referee for not giving a foul on his goalkeeper when West Ham scored from a corner kick. Klopp obviously saw the incident very clearly from 60 yards away through a group of players ,in the crowded penalty area. Why don’t these so called elite managers just say their team weren’t quite good enough on the day ?
    In klopp’s case, his defence was poor without Van Dijk. Now he’s back, it’s still poor. Nothing has changed at all. Still very vulnerable in the air, especially from set pieces. That’s what he should be thinking about, instead, like his German counterpart, blaming everyone else except themselves. These minor teams ARE allowed to get a decent result now and again, when it’s least expected.
    Keep telling yourself and the world how great you are and people might just might believe it.

Always nice to see Liverpool and most of the overpaid pampered pundits take a beating.

##########

Dyche by the way ain't doing too badly at all.
    Always takes a scalp or two.

Tuchel and Klopp are winners. They probably take losing personally and find it difficult not to show their emotions at times. It's served them both pretty well in fairness. I wonder what they'd be like if they were more pragmatic in defeat? Maybe they'd lose that edge.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Liverpool did struggle (relatively speaking) for 30 years. So did Man Utd before them.
    Very relatively

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Keep telling yourself and the world how great you are and people might just might believe it.

Always nice to see Liverpool and most of the overpaid pampered pundits take a beating.

##########

Dyche by the way ain't doing too badly at all.
    Always takes a scalp or two.
    I love it when the poncey clubs take a good beating

United , Liverpool , Arsenal , Spurs , Chelsea

It's hilarious 🤣 listening to the plastic fans from South Wales, Devon, Surrey etc on social media saying WE about a team 200 miles away after a defeat to Leicester or a trouncing in Europe 🇪🇺

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Tuchel and Klopp are winners. They probably take losing personally and find it difficult not to show their emotions at times. It's served them both pretty well in fairness. I wonder what they'd be like if they were more pragmatic in defeat? Maybe they'd lose that edge.
    I would agree with this.

I would also say that if they were to "take it lying down" so to speak, then the borderline decisions may start going against them.

I've always thought that there is an underlying passive bullying that some top managers exercise, these two seem to be good examples.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I would agree with this.

I would also say that if they were to "take it lying down" so to speak, then the borderline decisions may start going against them.

I've always thought that there is an underlying passive bullying that some top managers exercise, these two seem to be good examples.
    Ferguson as well, probably others. Look at ole, he wouldn't win a goldfish at a church fete.

Managers are notoriously one-eyed when commenting on a match or incidents during a game in which they've dropped points. Tuchel and Klopp are no less gracious than all the rest. For instance Wenger was always looking the other way when one of his players hit an opposition player off the ball so he couldn't possibly comment ! It goes with the job it seems.

Ferguson as well, probably others. Look at ole, he wouldn't win a goldfish at a church fete.
    Haha, funny but so true.

Some go on about how bad our manager recruitment is but it isn't a patch on MU's.
    For a club of their stature it's incredible really.

"Chelsea failed to beat Burnley, even though they had enough chances to win three games."

Sounds like Burnley were lucky to draw

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Managers are notoriously one-eyed when commenting on a match or incidents during a game in which they've dropped points. Tuchel and Klopp are no less gracious than all the rest. For instance Wenger was always looking the other way when one of his players hit an opposition player off the ball so he couldn't possibly comment ! It goes with the job it seems.
    Yeah , like we have never had a manager like that

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    ahhh! come on! ...we're all in europe togethe.... or yeah!...you lot fecked that up
    Yeh looked what happened when we opened our doors it restricted the likes of Russell Slade , Mick ,our Neil applying thier trade at the very top of football 😁

It's both self intitlement and belief. Whilst you need to have a strong mentality to be a winner (see Ronaldo) alot of these side see every game as a divine right for them to win.

I remember Dyche moaning about refs and var too. They all do it. Ranieri had a good moan after the Arsenal game and he seems like one of the most affable managers going.

Liverpool just had a 25 match unbeaten run. Impressive with a poor defence!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    It's both self intitlement and belief. Whilst you need to have a strong mentality to be a winner (see Ronaldo) alot of these side see every game as a divine right for them to win.
    If you want to win the League, every game is a must-win until the league is won. That's just how it is now. The top three managers in the league are all the same. As were the top managers that came before them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If you want to win the League, every game is a must-win until the league is won. That's just how it is now. The top three managers in the league are all the same. As were the top managers that came before them.
    True. Liverpool lost the league with 97 points a couple of seasons ago, which would have walked it any other year.

This is exactly right, people are born with the winning mentality ( its hard to teach / coach into people )
    Klopp wants to win every game, that is exactly what makes him who he is, if he came out with " Are well, we will dust ourselves down and go again next week " what message would that send to his players. ? ? ?

Sav in that Macc documentary showed he wants to win, yes he could have sat in the stand and watched his players put 1/2 a shift in, but its not him, so he is charging down to the touchline shouting coaching advice