+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pubs

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...losed-19386455

You have to feel for responsible pub and restaurant staff, owners etc when cases of this level of stupidity seem to outweigh all the excellent and responsible safety measures taking place.

As for the people involved, what stupid waankers. Knowing the Labour club a dose of Covid could decimate their client group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/l...losed-19386455

You have to feel for responsible pub and restaurant staff, owners etc when cases of this level of stupidity seem to outweigh all the excellent and responsible safety measures taking place.

As for the people involved, what stupid waankers. Knowing the Labour club a dose of Covid could decimate their client group.
    I think that is true of most supposedly 'political' clubs around the country!!

Agreed about the rest. It also raises another issue. Should politicians try to protect the public from the idiot actions of a minority, even if those actions impinge on the daily lives of some?

There are pubs and clubs that have been closed by councils for not being covid compliant. I would say most of us have seen the students and party goers in Cardiff and elsewhere and been, in the main, critical of their inebriated actions. Needless to say, these incidents are in the minority.

I can't find the link at the moment but there's a very good page on the BBC website looking at hospitality and covid, with links to several reports, other stats and so on. It's reckoned that just under 6% of covid cases have been transmitted in pubs, clubs and restaurants. True, it's a low number. It shows that the majority of pubs have got things right. I think it shows that many people are responsible.

The crux is those pubs that haven't but haven't been reported, where ill practice isn't known by councils. One of the reports (it may have been from the Scottish Government) recognised the importance of pubs and restaurants but accepted that one problem with people going out and getting pissed was the aftermath, where peoples' guard and common sense drops resulting in little social distancing, disregard for masks. December is traditionally a busy partying month in pubs and so those risks undoubtedly rise.

For someone like myself who enjoys a trip to the pub but who follows every guideline and goes home safely without putting anyone in any danger of contracting covid, the actions of the minority have a negative effect on the rest. Frustrating? A bit, but it's only a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think that is true of most supposedly 'political' clubs around the country!!

Agreed about the rest. It also raises another issue. Should politicians try to protect the public from the idiot actions of a minority, even if those actions impinge on the daily lives of some?

There are pubs and clubs that have been closed by councils for not being covid compliant. I would say most of us have seen the students and party goers in Cardiff and elsewhere and been, in the main, critical of their inebriated actions. Needless to say, these incidents are in the minority.

I can't find the link at the moment but there's a very good page on the BBC website looking at hospitality and covid, with links to several reports, other stats and so on. It's reckoned that just under 6% of covid cases have been transmitted in pubs, clubs and restaurants. True, it's a low number. It shows that the majority of pubs have got things right. I think it shows that many people are responsible.

The crux is those pubs that haven't but haven't been reported, where ill practice isn't known by councils. One of the reports (it may have been from the Scottish Government) recognised the importance of pubs and restaurants but accepted that one problem with people going out and getting pissed was the aftermath, where peoples' guard and common sense drops resulting in little social distancing, disregard for masks. December is traditionally a busy partying month in pubs and so those risks undoubtedly rise.

For someone like myself who enjoys a trip to the pub but who follows every guideline and goes home safely without putting anyone in any danger of contracting covid, the actions of the minority have a negative effect on the rest. Frustrating? A bit, but it's only a couple of weeks.
    I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said there and you highlight the issue faced by our politicians in relation to the decision made regarding pubs, clubs etc.