+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Brexit Bonus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another Brexit Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yeah that's what I think too. Essentially a passport for a powerful country is always a powerful passport. I think I would rather be stuck in a tricky situation abroad with an American passport over one from Luxembourg or Singapore.

I agree though, the number of Visa free countries it allowed access to is also part of the mix however, and at 187 for the UK, versus a near identical average for the EU and only six below Japan at 193, I think we can all be reasonably satisfied. Would be interesting to know what those countries are mind.

Probably bigger issues for most of us to worry about.
    Well it depends where. If you're in China or Brazil, the Singapore passport is better than an American one. That's what its counting, the number of countries where it's better.

I would have thought this was your kind of thing. Analysis and data with a clear and easy conclusion, rather than just gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Well it depends where. If you're in China or Brazil, the Singapore passport is better than an American one. That's what its counting, the number of countries where it's better.

I would have thought this was your kind of thing. Analysis and data with a clear and easy conclusion, rather than just gut feeling.
    It is my kind of thing! And I approve of the liberal use of flags here..

https://www.onlinevisa.com/news/worl...%202nd%20place.

I'm just not sure that powerful is the best wording when you are assessing one particular element of a passport - a very important one, but there are other roles a passport serves too, which is why I asked whether it considered those.

Anyway, it is interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It is my kind of thing! And I approve of the liberal use of flags here..

https://www.onlinevisa.com/news/worl...%202nd%20place.

I'm just not sure that powerful is the best wording when you are assessing one particular element of a passport - a very important one, but there are other roles a passport serves too, which is why I asked whether it considered those.

Anyway, it is interesting!
    Well this is the name and methodology used, so I'm not sure what we can do about it

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Well this is the name and methodology used, so I'm not sure what we can do about it
    I agree - I think it's just a rather boosterist term for their study which made me wonder if they factored in other elements. Hey ho