+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Just wanted to say to everyone that I apologise for hijacking this thread to deal with some issues but in my position and the life I lead I'm always going to have to defend myself for my own self-esteem otherwise the mental health fallout can be crushing. I'm drawing a line under this and am not looking for any dialogue but felt I wanted and needed to say something. *signing out of this thread*

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just wanted to say to everyone that I apologise for hijacking this thread to deal with some issues but in my position and the life I lead I'm always going to have to defend myself for my own self-esteem otherwise the mental health fallout can be crushing. I'm drawing a line under this and am not looking for any dialogue but felt I wanted and needed to say something. *signing out of this thread*
    Shit, sorry mate, the reply i sent to you was meant for Xsnaggle. I don't want to get involved in any nonsense, but just to say that i enjoy what you post, football and other stuff, you come across as a decent bloke, sorry for the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Shit, sorry mate, the reply i sent to you was meant for Xsnaggle. I don't want to get involved in any nonsense, but just to say that i enjoy what you post, football and other stuff, you come across as a decent bloke, sorry for the confusion
    No worries. I knew what had happened (I read fluent HTML!) and thanks. No, I don't blame you, stay well clear! Appreciated.

First Team

No worries. I knew what had happened (I read fluent HTML!) and thanks. No, I don't blame you, stay well clear! Appreciated.
    Yeah, keep posting whatever you like.

Don't be put off by the guy (not) from Azerbaijan.

He'll be calling you a "keyboard warrior" at some point.

It's an internet message board: everyone needs to remember that from time-to-time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post

It's an internet message board: everyone needs to remember that from time-to-time.
    I love the waay you keep metioning not from azerbaijan as if its a big secret. Everyone knows I don't live there any more. Is it all you can find to dig iat. Another saddo.
    But you're late, I expected you to weigh in a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post

Cheers! It's ironic too isn't it? I'm may be the only one who doesn't use a keyboard to post (the occasional one-fingered iPhone attempt is the exception).

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, Citizen’s Nephew has been a good addition to the board and I enjoy reading his stuff - also, my admiration for him has increased having read about his personal circumstances. Dunno what the argument between him and xsnaggle is all about, but the latter’s response at 14.51 comes over really poorly if you read the message he’s replying to.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, Citizen’s Nephew has been a good addition to the board and I enjoy reading his stuff - also, my admiration for him has increased having read about his personal circumstances. Dunno what the argument between him and xsnaggle is all about, but the latter’s response at 14.51 comes over really poorly if you read the message he’s replying to.
    Try rading all his posts ansd who made snide and 'mental issue' comments first. His mental health thing is a tactic he has usedc in the past.
    It is bullshit.
    I stand by that!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Try rading all his posts ansd who made snide and 'mental issue' comments first. His mental health thing is a tactic he has usedc in the past.
    It is bullshit.
    I stand by that!
    Do you not think that maybe he does have mental health issues (nothing to be embarrassed about by the way), and he's being incredibly brave for putting them on here? Or, do you think he's making it all up?

Oh, just read your angry reply again, yes you think he's lying. Why do you project yourself onto so many posters?

Never take anything that seriously on this board mate, it’s just people’s opinions and they all tend to be different. It can be hard sometimes I guess after 20 yrs of posting without changing my username I reckon I’m immune to almost anything anyone says on here….:

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Never take anything that seriously on this board mate, it’s just people’s opinions and they all tend to be different. It can be hard sometimes I guess after 20 yrs of posting without changing my username I reckon I’m immune to almost anything anyone says on here….:
    Thanks Mr G. Well, I reckon you should develop that immune response and turn it into a vaccine because I'd definitely buy one. You'd make a fortune!

No need to apologise mate, it's not the first time xsnaggle has sent a thread off tangent and it won't be the last. If you want to avoid him though (although there really is no need), just stick to the football posts. He doesn't get involved in them at all.

Citizen’s Nephew is a decent contributor, long may it continue

On the 6th of August 2nd dose vaccine rates across nations within the UK were:

Wales: 82.9%
    Scotland: 74.5%
    England: 73.6%
    Northern Ireland: 74.2%

On the 9th of August 2nd does vaccine rates were:

Wales: 83.4% (+0.5%)
    Scotland: 75.6% (+1.1%)
    England: 74.5% (+0.9%)
    Northern Ireland: 75.3% (+1.1%)

At what point do we pick up on the fact that when Drakeford first announced 7th of August as potential Code Zero date he hoped for 85% of adults doubled jabbed but we look a few days off that still with progress definitely slowed?

Is this why Boris Johnson has threatened vaccine passports?

Is this why we're seeing stories such as this in the press? "Hospitalised dad who turned down vaccine urges others to get jab": https://www.thenational.wales/news/1...thers-get-jab/

One jab is good (every nation but Northern Ireland progress has slowed now) but two jabs are needed for higher chance of increased and longer lasting protection.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    On the 6th of August 2nd dose vaccine rates across nations within the UK were:

Wales: 82.9%
    Scotland: 74.5%
    England: 73.6%
    Northern Ireland: 74.2%

On the 9th of August 2nd does vaccine rates were:

Wales: 83.4% (+0.5%)
    Scotland: 75.6% (+1.1%)
    England: 74.5% (+0.9%)
    Northern Ireland: 75.3% (+1.1%)

At what point do we pick up on the fact that when Drakeford first announced 7th of August as potential Code Zero date he hoped for 85% of adults doubled jabbed but we look a few days off that still with progress definitely slowed?

Is this why Boris Johnson has threatened vaccine passports?

Is this why we're seeing stories such as this in the press? "Hospitalised dad who turned down vaccine urges others to get jab": https://www.thenational.wales/news/1...thers-get-jab/

One jab is good (every nation but Northern Ireland progress has slowed now) but two jabs are needed for higher chance of increased and longer lasting protection.
    There's no doubt that the uptake has slowed amongst younger people. One thing I didn't realise until last month was how difficult it can be to get a jab as a student. One of my grandchildren is in Uni at Bristol and being from Wales was told he would have to go to Cwmbran Vaccination centre for the jab.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    There's no doubt that the uptake has slowed amongst younger people. One thing I didn't realise until last month was how difficult it can be to get a jab as a student. One of my grandchildren is in Uni at Bristol and being from Wales was told he would have to go to Cwmbran Vaccination centre for the jab.
    Surely, Bristol to Cwmbran which is only 37 miles, with all transport now available and no restrictions, to get vaccinated to benefit your health and those of others isn’t a problem?

I’ve read somewhere that during the midst of the pandemic someone wanted to travel the 42 miles between Cardiff and Brecon for a pack of lamb chops.

It still makes me wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Surely, Bristol to Cwmbran which is only 37 miles, with all transport now available and no restrictions, to get vaccinated to benefit your health and those of others isn’t a problem?

I’ve read somewhere that during the midst of the pandemic someone wanted to travel the 42 miles between Cardiff and Brecon for a pack of lamb chops.

It still makes me wonder?
    Two points.

The first regarding students. I gave an example and you seem to think travelling 30+ miles for a jab is OK. I think it's Wales bureaucracy gone mad. Why couldn't he have a jab in Bristol. Multiple that by the number of students studying away from Wales and you can maybe see why there is a degree of inertia amongst the younger group.

My point on travelling to Brecon for meat was related to the stupid Drakeford rules about travelling no more than 5 miles from home. Frank Atherton has since said such local restrictions were not effective.
    I said that whilst travelling to Brecon from Cardiff alone in a car I would not be able to catch or pass on the virus. WAG thought the risk was from people moving from area to area and spreading it on arrival so best stay local.

However I was allowed to travel from my home in North Cardiff to Cathays to shop, when at the time, Cathays had one of the highest incidence in Wales, probably related to the student population.

Made no sense then, makes no sense now, and is another example of the dictatorial attitude of our First Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    No need to apologise mate, it's not the first time xsnaggle has sent a thread off tangent and it won't be the last. If you want to avoid him though (although there really is no need), just stick to the football posts. He doesn't get involved in them at all.
    Cheers! He's reached the heady heights of being the first person I've ever put on 'ignore' so I'm hoping he does the same (though my first attempt came up with the message 'you can't ignore yourself!' which I think is positive discrimination!. Anyway, time to move on.