+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Underrated life pleasures.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Underrated life pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No. Never having really been a walker I joined a few Meetup walking groups a few years ago. I now lead walks for three of them inbetween leading walks along the SW Coastal Path for my friends via a Facebook group I set up. My fellow walkers tell me that the Ramblers can be very serious but I don't have any experience of them myself. Having a pint or two at then end and after several hours of strenuous exercise doesn't make me too guilty
    Tiger Bay Ramblers down this way are a bit too serious for me , will have a look on meet up .

What sort of gear do you wear for walking ?

I have decent walking trainers for summer use

But now its autumn and winter coming I guess I should get myself some waterproof trousers ......is there such a thing , some base layers and a jacket .

I am not one for hiking up pen y fan in the pissing wind and rain

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Tiger Bay Ramblers down this way are a bit too serious for me , will have a look on meet up .

What sort of gear do you wear for walking ?

I have decent walking trainers for summer use

But now its autumn and winter coming I guess I should get myself some waterproof trousers ......is there such a thing , some base layers and a jacket .

I am not one for hiking up pen y fan in the pissing wind and rain
    I'm not a walking apparel nerd so I'm not the best person to ask. You do need waterproof boots for the wet weather though. Boots not only give your ankle more support than hardy shoes but you are likely to trudge through environments where the water would enter your shoes at ankle level.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm not a walking apparel nerd so I'm not the best person to ask. You do need waterproof boots for the wet weather though. Boots not only give your ankle more support than hardy shoes but you are likely to trudge through environments where the water would enter your shoes at ankle level.
    I have a pair of hi tech eurohikes , a decent budget walking boot

I tend to walk on roads , the local farmers round here are a bit odd

They don't like outsiders