+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Starmer will be investigated by Durham Police ( crazy why now )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Starmer will be investigated by Durham Police ( crazy why now )

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s just about the most appropriate term you can use for Johnson - “done well for himself”, because it’s always been about himself. I don’t believe that’s true of Starmer (and many Conservative MPs) and I don’t believe Angela Rayner is in it entirely for herself either - I’ll be very disappointed in Starmer if he tries to hang on after a penalty notice like Johnson is, so predictably, doing.
    Boris should resign, of that there is no question. however what Boris does, which everyone else should look at, is avoid holding the moral high ground whenever there is an issue. Starmer is going to have to back up his words with deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Boris should resign, of that there is no question. however what Boris does, which everyone else should look at, is avoid holding the moral high ground whenever there is an issue. Starmer is going to have to back up his words with deeds.
    I’m struggling to think of anything Johnson could claim the “moral high ground” about.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m struggling to think of anything Johnson could claim the “moral high ground” about.
    that is because you are left leaning and therefore you'll not have common ground with Johnson. You also ignore the crux of my point entirely. Johnson never criticises anyone else for their own perceived (lack of) moral compass, which means he doesn't leave himself exposed for the same kind of criticism Starmer now finds himself subject to. If you are going to claim the moral high ground, you really do need no skeletons in the closet.

I quite like Starmer, but if he is issued with a FPN, its going to be hard for him to remain in post.

that is because you are left leaning and therefore you'll not have common ground with Johnson. You also ignore the crux of my point entirely. Johnson never criticises anyone else for their own perceived (lack of) moral compass, which means he doesn't leave himself exposed for the same kind of criticism Starmer now finds himself subject to. If you are going to claim the moral high ground, you really do need no skeletons in the closet.

I quite like Starmer, but if he is issued with a FPN, its going to be hard for him to remain in post.
    So, that’s the stage we’ve reached - a politician with no moral compass is regarded as a positive thing because he can’t be be criticised for hypocrisy

If Starmer resigns after a fixed penalty notice, there should not be any justification for Johnson remaining Prime Minister (there isn’t now anyway) - this has got nothing to do with party politics (I won’t be voting for Starmer’s party if he stays on after being fined) it’s about moral compasses

International

Spot on Starmer has dug himself a hole and keeps on digging he was so stupid.

Technically Boris had a cake in his house and workplace with work colleagues (mostly), Starmer travelled miles and had beer and curry with other people who had all travelled from other parts of the country (far greater covid risk), reports some were drunk, so worse.

I think he'll get off and not be found guilty, but the damage has been done, he's just the same as Boris and the rest, one rule for them one rule for rest, although I'm amazed that their are some people that thought any different?

Boris will hope Starmer keeps his job, he's boring with no personality and voters aren't taking to him, and now he can't even claim the moral high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Spot on Starmer has dug himself a hole and keeps on digging he was so stupid.

Technically Boris had a cake in his house and workplace with work colleagues (mostly), Starmer travelled miles and had beer and curry with other people who had all travelled from other parts of the country (far greater covid risk), reports some were drunk, so worse.

I think he'll get off and not be found guilty, but the damage has been done, he's just the same as Boris and the rest, one rule for them one rule for rest, although I'm amazed that their are some people that thought any different?

Boris will hope Starmer keeps his job, he's boring with no personality and voters aren't taking to him, and now he can't even claim the moral high ground.
    Just the same, although one made the rules, one told the country pretty much daily to follow them, and one lied to parliament about it.

Can't remember which one that is, they're so similar.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just the same, although one made the rules, one told the country pretty much daily to follow them, and one lied to parliament about it.

Can't remember which one that is, they're so similar.
    One made the rules the other agreed to them, both told the country to follow them as did Drakeford in Wales, both have told parliament they don't think the broke the rules so the same. Only difference is one did it in his office with mostly people he worked with, the other travelled hundreds of miles and mixed with friends and colleagues who he doesn't normally work with, so greater chance of community transmission.

One said it's terrible and anyone doing it should resign when he knew he'd done the same himself, what a school boy error!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    One made the rules the other agreed to them, both told the country to follow them as did Drakeford in Wales, both have told parliament they don't think the broke the rules so the same. Only difference is one did it in his office with mostly people he worked with, the other travelled hundreds of miles and mixed with friends and colleagues who he doesn't normally work with, so greater chance of community transmission.

One said it's terrible and anyone doing it should resign when he knew he'd done the same himself, what a school boy error!
    Has Starmer said that in parliament?