Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
Ah feck off mun!

That today wasn't just about one performance

This victory was built up from basics over a long period of time.

Good performances stem from being tight, defensively we have become hard to beat and the introduction of Philips and Wilson-E at lleft back in January has made us harder to break down.

Feck me Eric, you sonehow make a victory sound like we've lost.
You make it sound like you think Bulut read your ramblings and thought "ah sod it, I'll do what Eric says and see what happens"
Not sure how pissed you were when you wrote that, but this is a place where we chat about City. I feel there's an amount of unnecessary gloating here when we're all in the same boat, celebrating a City win.

Based on your post, we should now be playing even better football game after game and end up winning promotion. Lovely dream.

Today I saw an effort, willingness to get forward and a speed of thought that we haven't shown for months. As I've said, if we'd not won that I'd have seen more positivity than we've had for ages and been happy. As it was we showed lots of hunger and desire late on to turn things around. Coming back like that isn't about laying defensive foundations, it's about character. It's why we've scored so often from set pieces. It's why we've won so many points late on in games.

No amount of training in the last few weeks has brought about today's performance. It felt, from the first whistle, that Bulut had told them to have a go. Maybe he felt this was the time. They certainly didn't have a go like that against Leicester or Leeds.

I'm expecting the same next weekend.