+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    It’s probably futile, but would you concede that playing Paterson up top means that we have to play differently to when someone else plays that role...or perhaps you think that Ward (Or Glatzel for that matter) would be more effective than Paterson at the pressing game?
    Not really in my opinion. People say Paterson is used up top to tire defenders down, that's rubbish and equally something a fit striker who finishes can do. Some people say he is good at heading as an outlet, they're incorrect, it's one of the worst points of his game. Some other people believe that he is good at holding the ball up, which I'd say whilst he isn't really good at that, he is good at going down at the first sign of contact, well a fit striker who knows where the net is can do that.

Point is, he doesn't exclusively do anything that Ward and Glatzel couldn't, oh and they have an attackers brain and a tidy touch and eye for goal that Paterson doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Not really in my opinion. People say Paterson is used up top to tire defenders down, that's rubbish and equally something a fit striker who finishes can do. Some people say he is good at heading as an outlet, they're incorrect, it's one of the worst points of his game. Some other people believe that he is good at holding the ball up, which I'd say whilst he isn't really good at that, he is good at going down at the first sign of contact, well a fit striker who knows where the net is can do that.

Point is, he doesn't exclusively do anything that Ward and Glatzel couldn't, oh and they have an attackers brain and a tidy touch and eye for goal that Paterson doesn't.
    Paterson was a right back for Hearts and Scotland, Warnock wanted to use him as a battering ram so said he couldn’t defend! If they’re both fit,I’d start with Glatzel then bring on Ward. Use Paterson in his correct position and as a backup centre forward until we bring someone else in the next window. Paterson will save us money as only one right back needed for next season!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post

Point is, he doesn't exclusively do anything that Ward and Glatzel couldn't, oh and they have an attackers brain and a tidy touch and eye for goal that Paterson DOESN’T
    Scored 7 , how many have Robert & Danny scored.

There’s no “I”, in team, and the tactics at the moment (notice, AT THE MOMENT) work for this TEAM !!!!