+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vaccine Confusion Europe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vaccine Confusion Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I am having difficulty with the concept of Angela Merkel, a former quantum-chemist, holding back the vaccination programme of Germany and presiding over the inevitable rising numbers of deaths merely because of the embarrassment you suggest.
    The embarrassment has clearly spread to Canada, who have ceased giving the AZ vaccine to under 55s.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    The embarrassment has clearly spread to Canada, who have ceased giving the AZ vaccine to under 55s.
    So 30 cases identified in 18 million jabs in the uk.....I guess we can let them carry on locking down whilst we open up? Like the MHRA say the benefits out way any risks, in the uk anyway it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    So 30 cases identified in 18 million jabs in the uk.....I guess we can let them carry on locking down whilst we open up? Like the MHRA say the benefits out way any risks, in the uk anyway it would seem.
    Germany have a reported 31 cases in 2.7million jabs, mainly in younger people. Limiting jabs to over 65s, especially if they have a limited supply anyway doesn't seem that crazy does it?

Why anyone would think this is done out of embarrassment or spite is beyond me.

Germany have a reported 31 cases in 2.7million jabs, mainly in younger people. Limiting jabs to over 65s, especially if they have a limited supply anyway doesn't seem that crazy does it?

Why anyone would think this is done out of embarrassment or spite is beyond me.
    It’s still a very small amount though, is that deaths or just cases? It was recently stated that the Pfizer jab had a similar amount.....
    Whatever they say, it’s just another little jab in our direction I feel....who knows why, like an ex misses who just won’t go quietly.

It’s still a very small amount though, is that deaths or just cases? It was recently stated that the Pfizer jab had a similar amount.....
    Whatever they say, it’s just another little jab in our direction I feel....who knows why, like an ex misses who just won’t go quietly.
    31 cases, 9 deaths. It is a very small amount, I'm under 65 and I'm really happy to have had my first AZ jab.

If you are so convinced the German government is intentionally endangering the lives of it's citizens to have a pop at us, what do you think the Canadian government's motivation is?

31 cases, 9 deaths. It is a very small amount, I'm under 65 and I'm really happy to have had my first AZ jab.

If you are so convinced the German government is intentionally endangering the lives of it's citizens to have a pop at us, what do you think the Canadian government's motivation is?
    Exactly.

This whole thread is a trainwreck. This is all about the precautionary principle. No evidence to show that the vaccine works for over 65's = 'Let's not use it for over 65's yet'. No evidence that these rather suspicious deaths aren't caused by the vaccine = 'Let's not use it for the people who appear potentially at risk. Do I think this is the right thing to do during a pandemic? Debateable. But to label it as confusion or some sly dig at the UK is just plain delusional.

Now, do I think that in the December and January, there was a hell of lot of money thrown into trying to find fault with the AZ vaccine by other companies? I would be beyond shocked if that wasn't the case.

Being pedantic? Would the Germans prefer 50,000 deaths (60 year olds) from covid out of the 2.5 million instead?

Being pedantic? Would the Germans prefer 50,000 deaths (60 year olds) from covid out of the 2.5 million instead?
    Sorry, but I'm having trouble following your argument.

Are you now saying that the German government would be willing to sacrifice 50,000 German lives, to enable them to have a sly dig at us?